BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

I doubt they'll scrap the entire range, they'll just get rid of colours that don't get bought a lot and then add some others in. If they do, at least there's the references to see what other company colours you need.

I think the foundation paints and washes will stay. I am not sure about all the older paints. I want to stock up on paints but the paints dry out too fast.
    Our lascannons shall provide illumination to the Emperors word.

i don't think GW would just kick out all their paints to be honest,
    maybe replace them, but not just kicking them out

Librarian

Quote Originally Posted by unique-dragon View Post
    i don't think GW would just kick out all their paints to be honest,
    maybe replace them, but not just kicking them out
    they have done it before.... a few times.

blood angels orange, deadly nightshade, titalating pink, smelly primer, brazen brass, beaten copper to name a few that i can think of at this time of night

Battle-Brother

Quote Originally Posted by Cpt Codpiece View Post
    they have done it before.... a few times.

blood angels orange, deadly nightshade, titalating pink, smelly primer, brazen brass, beaten copper to name a few that i can think of at this time of night
    No more Brazen Brass !?! NOOOOO !!! I just checked the website and yeah you are right...

Veteran-Sergeant

Why is it that my old hex pots with the claggy lids that always broke off, still have not dried out but half my new (current) pots have died without even being opened?

I was never able to get the exact same blues for my crimson fists after they discontinued one of the older paints. I think it was Midnight Blue or something. I could always come close, but never exact...

I don't really see the benefit of replacing the curent range (in case that's their idea) . Why just not adding new paints? I would be really pissed if I could not upgrade my current armies with the same color scheme.

Battle-Brother

The only thing that scares me from Citadel is the way that the paint pot seems to diminish: started with .68 fl oz, .62 fl oz and now steady at .4 fl oz. I hope they don't get smaller...

Quote Originally Posted by MarneusCalgar View Post
    Here you got one

[url]http://volomir.blogspot.com/2012/01/citadel-colour-get-them-all-in-5-pots.html[/url]
    I read this article, and thought it sounded a bit hinky, from my background doing art-type painting.

And in the comments to that article I found another article that conclusively debunks the idea that you can get all the colours that Citadel produces just using red, blue, yellow, black and white. That article is here: [url]http://lascannonslances.blogspot.com.au/2011/11/myth-busted-citadel-colour-mixing.html[/url] .

Coincidentally, when painting I do work using just the five "basic" colours, (i.e. red, blue, yellow, black and white) which means you can mix up most colours. Though I will buy another colour to get a specific shade (e.g. bright greens, it's very difficult to mix bright greens).

Christa

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast