BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default A good new GW retail policy

Quote Originally Posted by xxRavenxx@Warseer
    Very exciting news for the world of retail.

If you meet certain criteria (Essentially the criteria is being a reasonably sized hobby store), you will now recieve the following:

£500 of stock per year for demoing to customers, placing terrain on the table, etc.

£100/200 (I forgot the given number) in stock to give prizes out for competitions.

Trophies. Made specially by GW to give out to winners. (Which presumably will be fairly cool.)

So yeah. GW move to give people free stuff for participating in organised play, and in stores. I think its a lovely move on their part. Long may it continue
    Nice to see GW do something sensible like providing prize support to decent sized FLGS', not to mention demo stock.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Occuli Imperator

This I like. Investing in the next generation of gamers.

Good move from GW??

RUN YOU FOOLS IST A TRAP!
    ....shhh, it's okay, it's just me.... I`m Beast at the back of your head.

That will mean no more monthly prize support for tournaments. 100/200 pounds will not go far. So, special tournaments only will get prize support and trophies the rest of the year. This will eliminate some of the plastic chasers. This is more in line with their old tournament support program. I hope getting tournament packs will be easier than in the past.
    Last edited by crazyredpraetorian; 02-08-2012 at 07:53 AM.
    http://crazyredpraetorian.blogspot.com/
    http://theflylordsofterra.blogspot.com/

First-Captain

Good to see British stores finally getting support, Dunno if you get regular support crazyredpretorian, but british stores do not have much if any prize support usually so good to see some.
    For the Greater good.

Chapter-Master

Question is, will the prize support also apply to GWs own stores? If not they could end up taking a lot of the gaming out of their control to some extent.
    Always thinking 2 projects ahead of anything I've yet to finish
    http://instinctuimperator.blogspot.co.uk/

My understanding is that this new policy is for third party retailers, it shan't have an impact on GW stores which are the only ones that get prize support (or so I've been told).
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

I know both my local FLGS would be really happy to see this; I'm curious what their definition of "reasonably-sized hobby store" is, though.
    http://www.3plusplus.net/ : better than a poke in the eye with a sharp stick.

First-Captain

Quote Originally Posted by eldargal View Post
    My understanding is that this new policy is for third party retailers, it shan't have an impact on GW stores which are the only ones that get prize support (or so I've been told).
    You mean boxes of stuff that has been unsold since 1990?
    I kid but GW could afford more to do more Prize support.
    For the Greater good.

Veteran-Sergeant

Hmmm, don't know if it's a regional thing but we've gotten $150 a month in product from GW for prize support at our local stores for over a decade. Also with a phone call to our GW rep we can almost always get some additional goodies for store leagues and special events. If they haven't been doing that everywhere it's about time they got everybody on board.
    Age and treachery shall overcome youth and skill, however nothing beats rolling all sixes.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast