BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Brother-Sergeant

BTW. The best way I have seen Mephiston killed is by the Grey Knight mindstrike missles. I am not saying this is true. Just what I saw.

The best Mephiston kill I've seen so far is by beeing mindshackled and killing himself

You could think about adding Orikan to the writhing worldscape C'tan, the Harbingers of Transmogrification and Imhotek and hope he goes first.

Brother-Sergeant

Best Mephiston death I have seen is when I was using my friends model against the old Deceiver. Couldn't keep the C'tan in melee, so resorted to shooting at it with plasma pistol. C'tan and Meph both only have a one wound left. Whoever can wound will win. Damn plasma pistol gets hot and Mephiston failed his armor save. The is both the silliest and best death I have heard of for Mephiston.

Veteran-Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by Dorsai View Post
    Best Mephiston death I have seen is when I was using my friends model against the old Deceiver. Couldn't keep the C'tan in melee, so resorted to shooting at it with plasma pistol. C'tan and Meph both only have a one wound left. Whoever can wound will win. Damn plasma pistol gets hot and Mephiston failed his armor save. The is both the silliest and best death I have heard of for Mephiston.
    My Lysander regularly takes wounds from vehicles exploding next to him. Just saying

Veteran-Sergeant

also my hive tyrant with 1 wounds perils trying to leech :/

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by energongoodie View Post
    It doesn't say he isn't an IC. The important point is it doesn't say he is.
    Exactly.

Never, ever ask "where does it say I can't". That is the most misleading question you can ask about rules. If you hear your opponent saying it, ignore it, and if you catch yourself saying it smack yourself.

The only question you should ever ask is, "where does it say I can".
    I am the Hammer. I am the right hand of my Emperor. I am the tip of His spear, I am the gauntlet about His fist. I am the woes of daemonkind. I am the Hammer.

Brother-Captain

Quote Originally Posted by Dorsai View Post
    That's hilarious.

The old Deceiver was actually pretty fun to use, if crazy expensive in an overcosted army with Phase Out.
    Armies Played (in order of acquisition)
    Crons, SW, SM, Tau, 1k Sons, IG, Nids, BA, DE

Thanks a million for all the help.

Talked to my mate about it. He's on night shift atm so he hasn't been playing much. He'd heard/read up about the Blood talons' strength, so that was ok. The Mephiston thing took a bit of the wind out of his sails once he realised about the lack of Independant character status.

I know him well though, so once he uses Mephiston like a mini daemon prince he'll be happy with the result.
    We both missed the importance of the independant character rule being missing.

Thanks again!

If you get a weapon destroyed on a Dread, remove a blood talon. He no longer get's extra attacks for unsaved wounds if one of them is gone. It has to be wielding a pair of them.

Best MEp death...Dante, Sang Guard, and Sang Priest packing Infernus pistols. DOA, Precision DeepStrike, shoot Meph. Meph dies.
    Last edited by pathwinder14; 02-13-2012 at 07:49 AM.
    "Wisdom means having the ability to admit what you do not know."

Chapter-Master

One time in apocalypse I charged Meph into close combat with a greater brass scorpion expecting to do some damage to it. I rolled boxcars for sword of sang and thus couldn't do squat to it. My opponent, seizing on the opportunity, decided to do a stomp attack to try and str D him. To do so, he needed to roll a six on one dice, which he did, and Mephiston got squished.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast