BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Oll Person had really been about a bit, as well as the verdun reference he had also fought under napoleon in a very famous battle (which name sadly escapes me atm) and I think even older battles than that (why am I thinking egypt? :s)
    One of my fav HH novels, flight of the eisenstein has at the beginning a quote from einstein except that it is attributed to a scientist called Eisenstein. Obviously 38k years can change a name a bit :P
    (see also how shakespear has had multiple references under various names :P)

EDIT: I believe it was the battle of Austerlitz

Default Kaspar Hauser

In Prospero burns Casper Hawser is a reference to the german boy named Kaspar Hauser who was found with only a toy horse, he is also called Ahmad ibn Rustah who traveld with the Norse people called The Rus'

Not strictly HH, but the entire Night Lords chapter.

And of courcse Horu itselves

In A Thousand Sons Magnus says something about the wine coming from Diemans Land(Tasmania) or something

Quote Originally Posted by matrent89 View Post
    In Prospero burns Casper Hawser is a reference to the german boy named Kaspar Hauser who was found with only a toy horse, he is also called Ahmad ibn Rustah who traveld with the Norse people called The Rus'
    On a completely different side note, is this were that movie 'The 13th Warrior' came from????

yes its based off the book Eaters of the dead which is based off ahmad's travels

pretty sure Garro refers to himself as coming from albion or albia at some point

Librarian

not exactly a refrence..... more of a quote.

but re reading legion i had a true LOL moment......... at 3am

alpharius and the soldier about to sneak out and help his buddy....

A: "i admire your balls"
    S: "they are only out 'cause im having a piss"

Damnit Cap, now I have to go read Legion again!
    Again, going a sidenote here, but in The Last Church: the Emperor destroys the last church on Earth.
    However, it Outcast Dead: there is a church within viewing distance of the Golden Palace. wtf man?

And in keeping with the spirit of this thread: Fulgrim and his painting is very Dorian Grey-esque.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast