BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

See this is another thread which illustrates the beauty of the Dark Eldar codex and why, in my opinion, it is the best GW produced to date. Notwithstanding one or two genuinely underpowered (if not enitrely useless) choices, most of what 'works' is down to personal preference.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Use the Huskblade Soultrap combo. Why? It's more fun. Is the huskblade as reliable as the agoniser? No. But this is a DICE GAME. Go for broke and have fun. The times you start rampaging away will be worth it. Dude (not me) playing against a Vulcan/Master of Forge List ganks the Master of the Forge, then Vulcan, and then took out a dreadnought before being gunned down. But boy, I hope they don't/havn't FAQ'd it to only allow one doubling!
    Will the agoniser give you statistical reliability against most opponents? You bet.
    Will the agoniser ever take out a dreadnought? Never.
    Save the agonisers for the squad leaders and make your leader heroic.

Nothing is more fun than whips.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Nutsy View Post
    Huskblade/Soultrap/Blaster

that's right. a blaster. Get that kill from a safe distance away, and you're now str6. rampage ahoy.
    This doesn't work: You need to make the kill in close-combat for soul-trap to trigger.

If it did you'd see this waaaaaay more often.

Interesting thought... hadn't considered the blaster+soultrap.

Quote Originally Posted by chipstar1 View Post
    Interesting thought... hadn't considered the blaster+soultrap.
    No, really, this isn't how soultrap works.

Quote Originally Posted by DapperDave View Post
    This doesn't work: You need to make the kill in close-combat for soul-trap to trigger.

If it did you'd see this waaaaaay more often.
    There is nothing at all that says the kill must be in close combat. I think the blaster/soul trap works as intended.

Quote Originally Posted by Sure View Post
    Use the Huskblade Soultrap combo. Why? It's more fun. Is the huskblade as reliable as the agoniser? No. But this is a DICE GAME. Go for broke and have fun. The times you start rampaging away will be worth it. Dude (not me) playing against a Vulcan/Master of Forge List ganks the Master of the Forge, then Vulcan, and then took out a dreadnought before being gunned down. But boy, I hope they don't/havn't FAQ'd it to only allow one doubling!
    Will the agoniser give you statistical reliability against most opponents? You bet.
    Will the agoniser ever take out a dreadnought? Never.
    Save the agonisers for the squad leaders and make your leader heroic.
    This is the kind of logic I usually like. Then again, it's not like I enter many tournaments around here. Or that there are many :P
    When life gives you lemon's... should have used a condom.

Quote Originally Posted by chipstar1 View Post
    There is nothing at all that says the kill must be in close combat. I think the blaster/soul trap works as intended.
    I will admit, I don't have my codex nest to me, so I may be wrong. But even if I am, most IC's are going to be hidden in squads - though against MCs I guess it could work semi-reliably.

It still seems like a lot of footwork to get S6, though.

Quote Originally Posted by DapperDave View Post
    I will admit, I don't have my codex nest to me, so I may be wrong. But even if I am, most IC's are going to be hidden in squads - though against MCs I guess it could work semi-reliably.

It still seems like a lot of footwork to get S6, though.
    I've got mine in front of me, and I don't see any mention of the close combat requirement.

I agree that it is a lot just to get S6, but if you can put a few wounds on it from other avenues and then finish it off with the blaster, why not. Beats trying to ID a T5 IC or T6+ Monsterous Creature with a S3 huskblade.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast