BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Veteran-Sergeant

Default brush-on primers?

hey all, anyone know of any good brush-on primers out there? preferably in the U.S of A? any help is appreciated

I have been happy with the Vallejo brush on primer, but I only use it for touching up spray on areas I missed.

I used the Vallejo on a project I was doing and recently for touch-ups and places where spray-on didn't cover right. Works fine for me.
    I'm thinking it'd probably turn out more like Daleks playing Quiddich. "It is the Potter!! EXTERMINATE! EXTERMINATE! " (someone I know on twitter)

Veteran-Sergeant

thanks guys, do you know where i can order some vallejo stuff? cant seem to find it....

Librarian

i think the warstore sells vallejo stuff
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v506/rlocke2/551391_4297044038379_634463020_n.jpg

Gesso, a brush-on primer available at virtually any art store, is also a good choice. (Only the black variety. White Gesso is terrible for modeling.) It can be applied fairly liberally and shrinks, which generally necessitates at least one touch-up coat, but insures that it does not obscure details, and it is not at all sensitive to temperature or humidity, which is a blessing for those living in less pleasant climes.

Plus, it's cheap. I bought a medium-sized bottle for $7, which is enough for hundreds of figs.
    http://www.3plusplus.net/ : better than a poke in the eye with a sharp stick.

Veteran-Sergeant

The Vallejo primers are acrylic-polyurethane. They are a bit harder to rinse out of your brushes if they dry a bit. I wouldn't use your best brushes. Other than that they are great and come in number of colours. I have black, red brown, dark yellow, grey and white. I got mine from the Warstore. They are awesome.

Veteran-Sergeant

just got done priming my thunderwolf riders with black GESSO as abusepuppy suggested, and gotta say, this stuff is awesome! super cheap (got it at michaels) and looks superb... proly gonna make this my new go to fo primers. thanks again abuse for the suggestion!!

I always liked GW's smelly primer. As long as you thin it down it's great.
    "Wisdom means having the ability to admit what you do not know."

Brother-Captain

Quote Originally Posted by ragnarcissist View Post
    thanks guys, do you know where i can order some vallejo stuff? cant seem to find it....
    Ask at your FLGS. Most will be happy to special order it for you. Go in armed with the item number as well. If you are placing a special order and pay up front, you might even be able to ask for an additional discount (just don't say "I can get it cheaper online").

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast