BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

[url]http://kromlech.eu/[/url] make some pretty impressive armoured torsos.

These combined with some pigiron helms would be awesome. Sadly I've not found any suitable legs for them.

Chaplain

I pondered this at length and found no solution to my liking. I felt the scouts were too bulky for Imperial Guard. So I just green stuffed it. Sculpted a very simple carapace armor on each individual trooper. The problem is keeping each one consistent.
    The Eye of Skreebo is upon ye. Skreebo expects.

Actually Option 1 is what I did before the metal kasrkin came out.

The fiddly parts werent so bad once you settle on some basic dimensions (i.e. small rectangle pieces for leg armor) and the codpiece was a ball of epoxy putty. pressed on. the heads were salvaged Vox heads and the odd bits here and their added to the helmet. Gear, well I used custom backpacks, but the heavy weapon team backpacks look really good on there.

Strips of narrow plasticard were used to make a gauntlet (just a top plate on the arm, actually). With paint unifying the plate and the arm underneath, noone noticed that's all it was.

If you simplify the detail, it goes much easier. People typically dont notice as they're not sniffing your miniatures. They usually see them at arms length.

I gave up and just repainted my oooooolllllldddddd metal stormtroopers. I will keep them in heavy rotation until we finally get some decent plastics, or I can afford to replace all my Guard with Elysians,,,,,*dreaming*

Brother-Sergeant

This was a WIP shot of some stormtroopers that I made for a friend awhile back

Chaplain

Ok- simple fix- If you can already make the hotshot weapons that is

Add [url]http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/Warhammer-40000/Imperial_Guard/Cadian_Shock_Troops/CADIAN-HOSTILE-ENVIRONMENT-TROOPS-CONVERSION-SET.html[/url]
    or
    [url]http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/Warhammer-40000/Imperial_Guard/Elysian_Drop_Troops/ELYSIAN_DROP_TROOP_HEADS_WITH_RESPIRATORS.html[/url] if you have backpacks already.

Then paint them with the little red triangles with white outlines over them like the GW 'Eavy Metal Kasrkin. Maybe even add the metal Kasrkin sergeant to the squad.

If you want more than one unit and special weapons, get the special weapons hostile enviroment pack- awesome models.

Battle-Brother

I used the pig iron heads too, they looked pretty good but a little small. Using gloss varnish on the armour plates and matt everywhere else makes the armour look more substantial and special-issue - more like vets or elites?

Chaplain

I can't paint 'flesh' so I used Pig Iron heads on ALL the Guardsmen!
    Melissia Wrote: "I think the secret to getting more people to stop calling you an arrogant elitist douchebag is to stop being an arrogant elitist douchebag."

Mephiston, those are nicely done. Groovy how they ended up looking like the original 'Big Toy Soldier' 3rd Ed Stormies

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12