BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum

Default 1500 Eldar Corsairs

Hi guys!
    So I recently picked up IA vol. 11 and I wanted to try my hand at a Corsairs list. I really like the idea of their highly mobile selections. Please let me know what you think!

1500 Pt. Eldar Corsair Army List

Corsair Prince

Void Sabre
    Force Shield
    Jet Pack

Night Spinner
    Nightwing

Warp Hunter
    Warp Hunter
    Warp Hunter

Corsairs (10)

Felarch
    Pistol/CCW
    EML (2)
    Jet Packs

Corsairs (6)
    Fusion Gun
    Corsair Falcon
    EML
    Holofield
    Stones

Corsairs (6)
    Fusion Gun
    Corsair Falcon
    EML
    Holofield
    Stones

Total: 1493

Basically, the idea is that the Warp Hunters, Night Spinner, and Nightwing will take out armour and keep troops pinned while the 10man corsairs will jet around to take objectives. The two other 6man corsair squads will deep strike in falcons using the Corsair Prince's special rule and contest/capture objectives end-game. I've also got room for a small 7 pt upgrade but i have no idea what to use. Ideas?

Idea of using your warp hunters, nightwing, and nightspinner is not a good idea. What really happen when they all get shot down in couple of turns? Nightwing hits things very light, nightspinner's ability to cripple the enemy is not so much, and the warp hunters' 5+ to penetration are unreliable.
    Even with Prince's void strike special rule, this method isn't strong to stop tanks and transports.
    I think you can do this better, and I think you'll get the picture from the following list:

HQ
    - Cosair Prince (110)
    + shuriken pistol, fusion pistol

Troops
    - Corsair Squad (245)
    + 1 corsair with fusion gun, ccw. 1 corsair with eldar missile launcher, ccw, 2 corsairs with shuriken catapults, ccws
    + felarch with fusion pistol, ccw

+ Falcon with eldar missile launcher
    - Corsair Squad (245)
    + 1 corsair with fusion gun, ccw. 1 corsair with eldar missile launcher, ccw, 2 corsairs with shuriken catapults, ccws

- Corsair Squad (240)
    + 1 corsair with fusion gun, ccw, 1 corsair with eldar missile launcher, ccw, 2 corsairs with shuriken catapults, ccws

+ Falcon with shuriken cannon, shuriken cannon
    - Corsair Squad (240)
    + 1 corsair with fusion gun, ccw, 1 corsair with eldar missile launcher, ccw, 2 corsairs with shuriken catapults, ccws

+ Falcon with shuriken cannon, shuriken cannon
    - Corsair Squad (210)
    + 1 corsair with eldar missile launcher, ccw, 4 corsairs with shuriken catapults, ccws
    - Corsair Squad (210)
    + 1 corsair with eldar missile launcher, ccw, 4 corsairs with shuriken catapults, ccws

= 1500

This has missiles and lasers to deal with vehicles. If you face a land raider, you have 4 melta hunters to dispose of.

That is 22 strength 8 shots. Plus the prince's void strike.
    Nobody is safe from every single shots from your falcons and your missile teams.
    Should you face a very shooty army, you use you prince's darkfire skyburst to turn on the night fighting rule after you shoot everything at your opponent, then shoot again in the following turn.
    Should you face an assaulty army, you simply drive everyone away while duking them with shuriken cannons and plasma missiles (plus lasers and tank shocks).

Hope this helps.

I strongly disagree with the above assessment of Warp Hunters. I find them to be extremely reliable if used correctly, they're better than a Bright Lance/Missile Launcher against armor 12+. It ignores line of sight, and is considerably better against units or clumps of vehicles than anything else in the army due to the fact that you don't need the center of the hole to be over the vehicle. The Corsairs list has access to enough anti-transport weapons that you the weaknesses the Warp Hunter has against transports isn't really a big deal.