BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Scout

What I've had success with in the past is a Librarian Furioso with Blood Lance in a drop pod. First turn drop him in tight to the castle and you have a really good chance of blowing up several tanks. He'll likely be dead next turn, but if you can rush up and make him think about who to target, this can put a serious cramp in the IG playing style. Especially if you get lucky and drop some Vanguard vets in the mix turn 2...

The blood lance isn`t that good, it`s a shooting power afterall so usually only the first tank in the line doesn`t have cover. Besides 8 str hit is not that powerfull.

If you want to play a mech BA the predators should be the backbone of your army. Mobile, cheap heavy armor.

5 Vanguards with special weapons each are a point sink. I`d go with 5 Ven + 1-2 power fist + 1-3 melta bombs.

Stormraven: as far as i remember if you`d go flat out and gets destroyed all your precious load is gone and the dread gest a glance hit. That`s pretty risky ...

Librarian i term arm and storm shield: the sword of Sanguinus power is good if you have planty atacks ... with this configuration you have 2-3, isn`t it better to go with unleash rage for the termies?

Occuli Imperator

S8 lance weapons are good. If positioned well you can strike through a number of different tanks never needing worse than 4 to glance.

But usually still in cover from the first targetet vehicle
    My general thought was that blood lance is not overpowererd and i wouldn`t count on it

Battle-Brother

The list is pretty solid but for the sake of points efficiency and utility drop Gabriel Seth/Captain in favore a libby with shield of sanguinius and another of your choosing (Blood lance or Sanguine Sword are personal favorites)

Chaplain

Quote Originally Posted by ElectricPaladin View Post
    HQ
    * Librarian w/Terminator Armor and Storm Shield (Sanguine Sword, Shield of Sanginius)

Elites
    * 5 Assault Terminators (2 Hammer, 3 Claws)
    * 1 Sanguinary Priest

Troops
    * 5 Assault Marines in a Rhino (1 Power Fist)
    * 5 Assault Marines in a Laserback (1 Meltagun, 1 Power Fist)
    * 5 Assault Marines in a Laserback (1 Meltagun, 1 Power Fist)

Fast Attack
    * 5 Vanguard Veterans (Power Weapons and Meltabombs for all vets, Hammer on the Sergeant)

Heavy Support
    * Stormraven w/Assault Cannons and Multi-Melta
    * Dreadnought w/Multi-Melta, Heavy Flamer
    While the idea of carrying Terminators in a storm raven has some merit, it's not really alot. Most people forget that regular SM termintors lack a quintessential piece of close combat equipment. Frag Grenades.

The storm raven doesnt come with Frag Assault Launchers like the LRC / LRR. Your targets that you do charge, will most often be in terrain, if you're facing a decent opponent. So your libby, and your lightning claw termies, will strike at I1.

In all honestly though, the list still lacks ranged support, pick between the VV or termies, I suggest dropping the VV and the storm raven and sticking with a LRR w/ EA and MM. 1500 pts isn't enough to warrant such extravagant points spending on such units.

If you're planning to stick with the Storm Raven, swap the AC for TLLC and slap some EA on that. The Storm Raven needs to remain mobile, getting stunned = dead storm raven + dead units inside.

Swap the fists for Power weapons and swap the Rhino for another razorback. 5 marines isn't enough to hide the PF in combat vs other infantry or even MC's. The PF will find itself dead before it get's a chance to swing. At least the PW get's a chance to swing and do potential damage, even better chances when buffed by Furious Charge.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12