BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Librarian

Quote Originally Posted by Denied View Post
    Aside from paint costs I actually won a box of Grey Knight Termies in a local tournament and I got the box of Exemplar Bastions on ebay for about $30. I still have the bits to make 4 more similar paladins, I just wanted to see how one came together first before I got mass producing them.

In the end total cost for additional bits was cheap thanks to ebay so per paladin (assuming I make 5) it was like $6 lol.
    That really isnt that bad, to be honest, and the results are really cool and unique.
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v506/rlocke2/551391_4297044038379_634463020_n.jpg

Thank you :-D I stole the idea from a friend who was using the Exemplar as his paladins and I wanted to try my hand at a conversion using them.
    Ahhh- I might be having a heart attack!! I am over weight, over fifty and I am speedballing tranq darts and pure adrenaline!!

Iron Father

Yeah he looks cool, I like what you have done. It really distinguishes him from a normal GKT and I like that. Good job now show us a full 5 man squad
    http://paintingplasticcrack.blogspot.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by Deadlift View Post
    Yeah he looks cool, I like what you have done. It really distinguishes him from a normal GKT and I like that. Good job now show us a full 5 man squad
    Working on it actually, it's just such a pain in the *** to cut the legs off of the Exemplar models... Solid resin is difficult at best to get through :-P
    Ahhh- I might be having a heart attack!! I am over weight, over fifty and I am speedballing tranq darts and pure adrenaline!!

Librarian

Working on it actually, it's just such a pain in the *** to cut the legs off of the Exemplar models... Solid resin is difficult at best to get through :-P
    hehe, depends on how you cut it, but yes it can be, lol
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v506/rlocke2/551391_4297044038379_634463020_n.jpg

Better than metal

Just got the the rest of this 5 man squad assembled (sorry for the necro posting) I found a little hacksaw in my tool box and it made separating the legs of the PP models SOOOOOO much easier. Problem then was that the other shoulder pads were solid resin and didn't sit right on the models so I had to go at them and hollow them out to get them on. Hence why I decided the next set of models could do with only 1 cool shoulder pad a piece. Strangely I like how the lone badass shoulder pad looks now too. It some how makes them less 'boxy"

Also note the Psycannon conversion using a Psilencer for the base and some bits from a Storm Bolter (magazine) and random spru clippings (barrel)

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123