BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Paladin Conversion

So this is my first "big" Conversion. I am using the GW Paladin kit for the helm, body, arms, Storm Bolter, and a few accessories and I am using Privateer Press Protectorate Of Menoth Exemplar Bastions kit for the legs shoulder pads and halberd. I had to shave of the Protectorate Of Menoth symbols on the shoulder pads.

It was a real pain in the but getting the legs off that kit since their body comes as one solid piece of resin so I had to sit and slowly grind it down to where I wanted it.

Once the Green stuff is all cured up I need to do some cleaning up around the edges with an exacto knife and then start painting it up. I think it will look sweet painted and I will post more photos when I get around to it.
    Last edited by Denied; 02-16-2012 at 09:17 PM.
    Ahhh- I might be having a heart attack!! I am over weight, over fifty and I am speedballing tranq darts and pure adrenaline!!

Neat conversion - the pauldrons are a tad big for me, but that's just a matter of personal taste.

It does look like he's (drunkenly?) tilting to the side, though - was the Examplar model leaning before you took the torso off? Maybe put a bit of slate/corkboard under his left foot when basing him to balance that out.

Chapter-Master

On an interesting note: this really exhibits how much more detailed the GW plastics are than the PP plastics.

www.queencityguard.com

It may just be the angle of the photo I took, I mean he is leaning sort of forward with his halberd out sort of like he is diving to the right, but yeah I was planning on modeling him on a slant in that direction.
    Ahhh- I might be having a heart attack!! I am over weight, over fifty and I am speedballing tranq darts and pure adrenaline!!

With primer it tend to melt the look better in my opinion

Veteran-Sergeant

Looks nice, I'd love to see a unit of them painted up. Kudos for the conversion work.
    Age and treachery shall overcome youth and skill, however nothing beats rolling all sixes.

Veteran-Sergeant

To be honest, I think the idea is cool, but the pieces used quality wise aren't the same. The privateer press model pieces cheapen the higher quality mold pieces of the GW pieces. I think just using GW pieces and adding more spruce and pazazz to the models to differentiate them from regular termies would be a better overall model.

Hey dave :P

It looks okay, the pauldrons are huge though. This is 40k though so everyone needs bigger pads.

Quote Originally Posted by scrap square View Post
    Hey dave :P

It looks okay, the pauldrons are huge though. This is 40k though so everyone needs bigger pads.

I've been discovered ZOMG!!!

Also I love the big shoulder pads to me it makes them more epic looking... then again I use to play wow and you weren't a badass tank unless your shoulder pads looked like they fell of a freaking giant.

There is a lot of hate for PP minis on this thread oh man! GW does have more detailed models, but I almost feel like they don't care about their Space Marines because their armor is so bland and empty compared to other GW products.

Like the GW fantasy models are always so much prettier then the 40K stuff and way more detailed!

Chapter-Master

I wasn't hating, more just presenting an interesting aside. I didn't realize how big the disparity was until now. Though you're right; you can't tell nearly as much when the primer is applied.

I, too, think the pauldrons may be a bit large for the model, but I like everything else. The halberd ended up looking a lot better than I thought it would.

www.queencityguard.com

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast