BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Chaplain

Default Necron Battleforce Ready for Advance Order

Like the title says, you can order it now and 'only' for $105. It's $5 cheaper than I thought it would be and has become available several hours earlier than normal. I wonder if that will continue.

Chapter-Master

And it saves you a mighty £7 over buying everything seperately.
    Chief Educator of the Horsemen of Derailment "People demand freedom of speech to make up for the freedom of thought, which they avoid." SOREN KIERKEGAARD

£27.50 isn't it?

Necron Warriors £20.50
    Necron Warriors £20.50
    Immortals £20.50
    Ghost Ark £31.00
    £92.50 vs £65

So for £27.50 you get four more warriors and an extra scarab swarm.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Color me unimpressed. These newer battle forces are horrible deals, I mean half the time they don't even have the things you need to build an effective army. Hopefully this is just a prelude to the Triarch Stalker being released, I need like 3 of those suckers, heat ray FTW!!!

Chaplain

Quote Originally Posted by WYSIWYG View Post
    Color me unimpressed. These newer battle forces are horrible deals, I mean half the time they don't even have the things you need to build an effective army. Hopefully this is just a prelude to the Triarch Stalker being released, I need like 3 of those suckers, heat ray FTW!!!
    I think that the content is quite reasonable actually. They are always Troops heavy with a Transport and something extra. Two of the kits included are dual kits, so there is some variety there and it has 5 of possibly the best unit in the game, that being Canoptek Scarabs. The only time you'd find a Triarch Stalker in a boxed set is if they made an 'army' box which would be limited in number and with no online retailer discount. Keep dreaming, man!

Librarian

Quote Originally Posted by WYSIWYG View Post
    How do you figure, its gets you a great deal on troops and transports that most necron players will use anyway, and can help people get started, OR buff out their troops as needed. The whole point of them is to either beef up your troops and transpoorts, or to get new people started, not to put out a competition list in one box.
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v506/rlocke2/551391_4297044038379_634463020_n.jpg

Brother-Sergeant

I have got to admit that this battle-force box has me seriously considering starting a necron force. Honestly I think that this is one of the better BF's out there, two troop choices, an option for a third troop or an elite, a fast attack, and transport or heavy. I don't know about any one else but that wouldn't need too much more to for a solid starter list, just an overlord and few crypteks sprinkled in for some fun and BAM!!! Yeah you may not win tournaments but it will be fun and isn't what its all about

The battleforce prices don't go up as fast as the other ranges so they tend to become better value as time passes.

Usual rules apply, if you want everything it's a good deal, if you want all immortals in your army, or no arks, it's a bit pants.

Iron Father

Quote Originally Posted by Emerald Rose Widow View Post
    How do you figure, its gets you a great deal on troops and transports that most necron players will use anyway, and can help people get started, OR buff out their troops as needed. The whole point of them is to either beef up your troops and transpoorts, or to get new people started, not to put out a competition list in one box.
    I agree
    I dont even think GW think competitively when they put the battalions together ? Its just a selection of whats central to most armies with a bit of fun chucked in isn't it ?
    http://paintingplasticcrack.blogspot.co.uk

Chapter-Master

I'd get it if the warriors were replaced with Immortals..but eh, at this point I'm bored of warriors after using them for three editions and would rather play with Immortals as troops instead.
    Please support a Poor starving musician and buy my new album for only £5 :
    https://ionplasmaincineration.bandcamp.com/album/decoding-the-quantum-star-verses

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast