BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by WYSIWYG View Post
    Color me unimpressed. These newer battle forces are horrible deals, I mean half the time they don't even have the things you need to build an effective army. Hopefully this is just a prelude to the Triarch Stalker being released, I need like 3 of those suckers, heat ray FTW!!!
    You could make a Stalker out of the Ghost Ark and Deathmark parts - here's a [URL="http://www.imperiusdominatus.com/2011/12/hobby-necron-triarch-stalker-conversion.html"]guide[/URL]

Librarian

Quote Originally Posted by WYSIWYG View Post
    Color me unimpressed. These newer battle forces are horrible deals, I mean half the time they don't even have the things you need to build an effective army. Hopefully this is just a prelude to the Triarch Stalker being released, I need like 3 of those suckers, heat ray FTW!!!
    When have battle forces ever be about effective armies? The GW team is really anti competitive if you ever read a WD their armies are all for story. Hence they do the same with battle forces its all about giving you lots of bits and bulking out an army.

Chapter-Master

I'm really not sure why people are moaning about the contents of the box. It's not meant to be a full army, it's meant to be a useful starting point or a way of boosting an exisiting one. The idea for the battleforces is to give you some of the core units that many people will use and let you bulk it out from there.

"The Necron Battleforce contains four plastic units to start the core of your army - Necron Warriors, Immortals, Canoptek Scarabs and a Ghost Ark - which you can lead into battle against the upstart races of the galaxy. It is also a fantastic way to boost the size of an existing Necron army, by giving you more squads to choose from or, alternatively, making your existing units larger."

It's a great saving for those who don't want these unts, if you don't then just don't buy it.

Quote Originally Posted by eldargal View Post
    £27.50 isn't it?

Necron Warriors £20.50
    Necron Warriors £20.50
    Immortals £20.50
    Ghost Ark £31.00
    £92.50 vs £65

So for £27.50 you get four more warriors and an extra scarab swarm.
    Indeed it is. I only calculated one box of warriors, rather than two, my bad. I'm still stuck in the heady days when GW gave you 20 troops in a box for £20 instead of 10 for £20!
    Last edited by Wildeybeast; 02-19-2012 at 06:48 AM.
    Chief Educator of the Horsemen of Derailment "People demand freedom of speech to make up for the freedom of thought, which they avoid." SOREN KIERKEGAARD

Librarian

Quote Originally Posted by Wildeybeast View Post
    I'm really not sure why people are moaning about the contents of the box. It's not meant to be a full army, it's meant to be a useful starting point or a way of boosting an exisiting one. The idea for the battleforces is to give you some of the core units that many people will use and let you bulk it out from there.

"The Necron Battleforce contains four plastic units to start the core of your army - Necron Warriors, Immortals, Canoptek Scarabs and a Ghost Ark - which you can lead into battle against the upstart races of the galaxy. It is also a fantastic way to boost the size of an existing Necron army, by giving you more squads to choose from or, alternatively, making your existing units larger."

It's a great saving for those who don't want these unts, if you don't then just don't buy it.

Indeed it is. I only calculated one box of warriors, rather than two, my bad. I'm still stuck in the heady days when GW gave you 20 troops in a box for £20 instead of 10 for £20!
    Warrior box has 12, so it's really 1 2/3 boxes of warriors.

This is one of the best battle forces for a converter. I can't wait to get my hands on one!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12