Reavers x3 (66 pts)
    -Heat Lance (12 pts)

Reavers x3 (66 pts)
    -Heat Lance (12 pts)

Heavy - (375 pts)
    Ravager w/ Dark Lance x2 (105 pts)
    -Night Shield (10 pts)
    -Flicker Field (10 pts)

Ravager w/ Disintegrator Cannon (105 pts)
    -Night Shield (10 pts)
    -Flicker Field (10 pts)

I still haven't had a chance to play this army out yet but this is the bases of what I am looking to roll on the field. The Wracks are being used as Vect's bodyguard in a Venom, while the Wyches with the Haemonculus for the free pain tokens. run up using the shock prows and athersails to help hit thing to break them out, Warriors to run around and use the ability to unload as much poison shots as possible into the field for the Wyches to run out and continue the slaughter.

You're spending way too many points "pimping your rides", aka all of those upgrades on a really fragile vehicle that won't last very long against almost any army.

Save the points and buy some trueborn or scourges.

Veteran-Sergeant

You may need to drop those two squads of 3-man reaver jetbikes and take a 5-man scourge squad with two haywire blasters. Though they may not be good enough to destroy vehicles immediately, but they are good enough to shake or even destroy enemy vehicle's gun, and provide time & safe passage for your Vect to strike a killing blow. If you still wanna use jetbikes, I say combine them into 6-man squad.
    Also, you might want to attach Vect to a wych squad, this should amplify his potential than wracks. For 5-man wracks, I think it's good for holding objective. Most player will turn their guns to other more important units like your raiders.

Librarian

Quote Originally Posted by chipstar1 View Post
    You're spending way too many points "pimping your rides", aka all of those upgrades on a really fragile vehicle that won't last very long against almost any army.

Save the points and buy some trueborn or scourges.
    My Dark Eldar rides tend to last plenty long thanks to nightshield/flickerfield. More than long enough to justify the points, and they are STILL the best fast transport for the points in terms of overall list versatility. It's 100% how you play them and how you prioritize your movement and shooting each phase. I have still yet to see compelling evidence that my list wouldn't cream any Dark Eldar netlist around at my usual point level.

However, I WOULD suggest dropping the razorflails and shock prows on the Wyches and their raiders. Agonizers are just too critical for evening the combat rez back out against nasties like monstrous creatures or Sanguinary Priests, so look at grabbing one of those instead for your Hekatrix. Shock prows? If you are suicide ramming one of the finest troop transports in the game, then you are playing a terrible strategy. Never mind mathhammer, those things are giant sticks of tank-killing cover save. Turn one sideways, wall off an exposed flank, and put a round into somebodies rear end for a far more satisfying, useful and repeatable combo with your wyches.

Trueborn, on the other hand, are a waste of points. Nevermind my terrible luck with them, the actual game renders them useless. Blasterborn are a scary looking unit right up until their transport is destroyed by a cool summer breeze and they are dumped on the opposite end of the table, and probably lose half the squad on top of that. Now you are out TWO units--both the Trueborn, and their highly useful transport. That's a terrible blow to the army, considering the point investment when they can't even hold an objective.
    Last edited by thecactusman17; 02-21-2012 at 07:45 PM.

I agree with the first few responses. Nightshields are pretty bad for the 10 points.

I also vehemently disagree with cactusman. Trueborn are awesome, but it depends how you use them. Blasterborn are not my favorite unit... In order to close the distance so your 18" guns work, you have to move your venom 12" and get out to shoot. Next turn, you is dead.

Instead, try putting a squad of 3 or 4 trueborn with 2 dark lances in some bushes or ruins. I find them to be very effective and also pretty resilient.

I don't agree that night shields are all that bad. The common GK threat range of 24" is pretty much neutralized by night shields.

i'd say drop the nightshields on the wytch raiders.

Scout

Default Yet another opinion

Think all of the upgrades are generally good, just not all together....

The night shields work great if you are planning on staying outside range and plinking away. If you're going to run them then think you take the prows and sails off...

If you want to use the raiders as one shot missiles (which I don't generally advise, although can be fun) then I think the night shields an flicker fields are a waste. I typically run either flicker fields or night shields, but truth be told most of the time find a better use for the points.

Also count me as one of the true born believers. They are actually very useful.