BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum

Default Eldar Corsairs Conversion Idea

Hey guys!
    I wanted to get your opinion on a conversion idea I had. If I took the Eldar Swooping Hawks models and replaced their wings with the feathered DE Scourge wings (with added greenstuff conversion to make 'em Eldar Space Pirates), do you think that would be a cool/worthy representation of a Corsair with a jetpack?? I mainly want to do this because the Hawks are just... bad right now and they have no use in my current Craftworld list.

Thoughts??

I'm sure they'd look fine though you may want to weight the base down as I think you could have balance issues even with the old metals.

As long as you're not taking hawks as a unit themselves they'd be fine as is too though.

If you're starting from scratch and want that winged theme, I'd just blend the scourges with plastic guardians/avengers.

Chapter-Master

By all means use the wings, but I wouldn't use Scourges bodies.

As Isotope says, Guardians and Avengers are better. Scourges are just too thin and wiry (deliberatly bird like) to work in my eyes.
    Autarch, Shas'o, Chaos Lord and Decadant Lord of the Webway. And a Doctor!
    http://drlove42.blogspot.com/

Brother-Sergeant

I don't really see the point in using non-fw castings for Corsair parts - the FW bitz are perfect. o.o