BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Wow, thanks for pointing this out. I read the original Eisenhorn novels when they came out - what was that, 10 years ago? more? - maybe now is a good time to re-read them!

Woohoo!!

I thought the 3rd Abnet Inquisitor trilogy was supposed to be a brand new Inquisitor. Either way great news!!

Scout

Oh Man! I am looking forward to this!

Has anyone heard any news from the Black Library live event that was held recently? Even a release date would be cool.

Comparing this to other books revealed on the BL site, I'd say we have at least a year until we see it hit shelves.

Cant wait to just see the cover art. I might be more excited to see there teams slugging it out more than the actually R vs E throwdown.

Veteran-Sergeant

so i take it that ravenor is worth reading? i read eisenhorn and loved every second of it but never got around to reading ravenor.... isnt he in a wheel chair or something? how can that be entertaining??

Battle-Brother

Ya how are the Ravenor books? I read the Eisenshorn series and loved it but the character of Ravenor just doesn't seem interesting for me. Are they a good read? How would you rate them versus the Eisenhorn series?

Scout

Is it going to be a series or the final novel.

Brother-Sergeant

I love both of these book series! I find the premise kind of strange though, considering (if I remember correctly) that Eisenhorn has been in contact with Ravenor while having a daemonhost under his command. REALLY want to read this.

Battle-Brother

If I recall from the online discussions DA's done about the concept, it's going to be the Bequin Trilogy.

Bequin, for those of you who've read Eisenhorn, is the lady untouchable that (not going to drop a spoiler) for some reason gets taken out of play in the trilogy, but remains a possibility for a returning character throughout Ravenor.

So, I guess Bequin's either the protagonist of this trilogy, or her ultimate fate will be decided between Eisenhorn and Ravenor, wrapping the whole trilogy of trilogies up.

I imagine there will be some short story releases to go with this, as Dan's said once or twice that some of the stuff that happens off-stage during Ravenor is actually fleshed out (like Aexe Cardinal), and he'd like to write stories for some of the retinue characters.

Whether this will actually involve Gideon going out to bring Gregor to justice or the two of them working together is still anybody's guess, and knowing Dan, it might end up being a bit of both. But Eisenhorn is most definitely waaaay off the reservation, and Gideon's last little escapade cannot have put him in the Inquisition's good graces.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast