BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Default Shattered Oath - Ongoing Dark Eldar Log

Hi all,

After taking a break of 3 years from 40k I decided to go back to the army I enjoyed playing most. My Dark Eldar.
    I used to have a rather big army of those little sadistic buggers but sadly my ex girlfriend went daemon on them and they where all lost.

Ever since the new Dark Eldar came out I really like the models and vehicles and since i got plenty of time on my hands - had a major operation in the nether region- I got a few nice presents from my wife to keep me busy for the next few weeks.
    • 2x Dark Eldar Battle force
    • 2x Dark Eldar Hellions
    • 1x Dark Eldar Incubi
    • 1x Dark Eldar Raider
    • 2x Dark Eldar Ravager
    • 1x Dark Eldar Venom

Now for the completed items of my army
    • [URL="http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showpost.php?p=189800&postcount=25"]Kabalite warriors[/URL] -some individual pics are around there
    • [URL="http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showpost.php?p=189078&postcount=23"]My bases[/URL]
    • [URL="http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showpost.php?p=191266&postcount=27"]Archon (almost done!)[/URL]

So the next problem I had was "what colour to use". I made several test models ranging from classic red (my old army colours) to the new standard green and even did a purple and blue variation of it.
    Still the old Red/silver was itching so I finally decided to give the red/silver a more updated look.

Yesterday evening i finally could sit up straight without to much pain, morphine really works! So started to work on my first unit of kabalite warriors:
    I'm building 5 of them painting them and repeat the whole thing.
    I'm keeping the bases pretty simple this time, just some rocks and sand with grass. As I want the focus to be on my models and not on the bases. EDIT: After looking at these bases for a week they really started to annoy me so i went for other bases scroll down to see which.
    since a mate of my is building a new city table i wanted to make my bases fit his table.

sorry no picture of undercoated models and i already been busy with the model at the far right.

Keeping the arms of the models gives me a chance to paint the chest pieces

Detail shot of my fist painted model (wip). As you can see the red still needs one more layer and an edge highlight but the colour is coming on nice and strong.
    Also notice the barrel of the cannon totally missed that when undercoating.

Another detail shot of my fist model but with a 3rd (could be 4th) layer of red. In my opinion the red is good enough now.

Well that's it for this post now. I really would like to hear what you think of it!
    So don't be shy and hit reply!
    Last edited by olberon; 04-01-2012 at 06:13 PM.

Detail shot of my fist painted model (wip). As you can see the red still needs one more layer and an edge highlight but the colour is coming on nice and strong.
    Also notice the barrel of the cannon totally missed that when undercoating.

Another detail shot of my fist model but with a 3rd (could be 4th) layer of red. In my opinion the red is good enough now.

Female kabalite warrior

Male Sybarite, he should be female

Planning on finishing the first 5 models of my 10 man squad today.
    Last edited by olberon; 03-21-2012 at 02:04 AM.

I have been busy finishing my first 5 models. The armour took a lot longer then expected but it looks ace (if you ask me)

Group shot

Also i have been working on the flayed skin:

Detail shot of the flayed skin and warrior 1

Detail shot of the Sybarite

Yet another shot of the Sybarite

Warrior 3

Warrior 4

Warrior 5

Battle-Brother

Nicely done! i am looking forward to seeing more pictures of your kabal. Do you have a name for it yet?

Looking good so far.

@Patternmaker: Ohhh you will be seeing alot more of it. The name of the cabal will be shattered oath. bit double since i swore to never start a dark eldar army after the first one was destroyed, i shattered that oath

@AnEnemy: thx^^

Im liking it so far, i think they'd look super awesome with some light red highlights though

It's nice to see a bunch of photographs all from different angles an close ups instead of just 1 or 2 , looking good so far

Brother-Sergeant

Theses are great.

Looking forward to seeing more of these.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast