BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum

Default Unique HQ-unit with NDK-armour

With the rumours rolling about the 6th edition advancing the storyline by bringing chaos out of the warp big time, and me being truly fond of Nemesis Dread Knights, and for the lack of Apocalyptic Formations for the Grey Knights, I've been starting to create fluffy approach for a nice unit, with a backround decent backround and believable use in Apoc- sized (friendly) games. And in addition, one that could be included into an Apoc Formation.

And ofc, just to get one unique center piece model to stand tall in among my forces (if at any point of our mutual live, my wife lets me buy a display cabinet )

I am yet to start on the modeling project, mainly because of two reasons:
    A) I am waiting for my next salary to get the required models / parts for this conversation
    B) I am trying to learn how to most effectively use the green stuff (or similar) deeply required by this project.

Comments, tips and tricks are welcomed, both story and modeling wise
    The idea is to make Supreme Grand Master Lord Kaldor Draigo equipped with unique Nemesis Dread Knight armour ( Working name Exalted Titan armor)

Anyway, here is the story so far:

The Story (so far)
    With the Chaos forces major invasion from the Eye of terror, the veil of immaterium is weakened through the known space. As a result the forces that bound Grey Knights Supreme Grand Master Lord Kaldor Draigo have lost their hold over him, thus allowing him the control of passage back to his brothers permanently – or so it seems at the moment.

With forces loyal to the Chaos roaming freely amidst the known space, Lord Draigo declares that the time for subtlety is a secondary matter from now on. With the dread of unstoppable Chaos taking place in practically every soul in the Imperium, it is imperative that the word of hope about silver angels of death that can banish the utmost horrors in a blinding light spread as fast and as far as possible in the Imperium.

This decided Kaldor Draigo knows that he will need his wargear renewed if he is to succesfully accomplish these goals he has set for himself and his brothers.

And so begins The Forging. Never before has it been so, that the brother himself would forge his weapons and armour. With the knowledge gained through the ages spent in warp, and relics left from his stay there he starts to craft the most formidable set of gear ever seen in the Grand Halls of Titan.

Knowing that eventually he would be forced to meet again his arch nemesis, The Daemon Prince M’kar, his first act was a requisition of Chapters most venerated suit of Nemesis Dread Knight armour. Into this he carved the same sigils he had carved during his stay on the Realm of Warp. With the near destruction of a Strike Cruiser *Insert name here*, and with orders to dismantle her, Lord Draigo ordered a chunk of her prow to be brought to him. From this was carved the massive shield for the Draigos newly appointed Nemesis Dread Knight. Now missing only a weapon that would match the the shield, Draigo smashed his Titan sword to splinters. From these splinters he forged a new blade, one that could only be wielded by a Nemesis Dread Knight in battle. With the superb forges and materials available to him, a new sword was crafted, a Nemesis Greatsword with the additional powers granted by the shards used in creation of the first Titansword.

With his own work nearing completion, Lord Draigo summoned three of the most revered brothers from the brotherhood of Paladins.By the time the last summoned Paladin reaches the forge, three new suits of Nemesis Dread Knight armor are present in front of the assembled warriors. Draigo then tasks these brave warriors to carve each to their own newly appointed suits the same sigils and wards he himself had only just previously carved. Although not a small task, as such is the power of the sigils and wards, after labouring several days and nights without rest, each of the summoned have completed the given task.

And so is the fist formation of the Silver Knights born... 

Brother-Sergeant

I could go with that.I was just lookin at the rumours for 6th and one about the FOC would let you field four in heavy support,then convert Karamov and draigo into two more that would look fairly cool haveing 6 NDK looming on the field. Draigo could have the incinerator to represent his psyflame power then have as many paladins as makes the rest of your points.I think that could be a massive conversion opportunity.his shield on the sholder...Kara-whats-its face could have huge missel racks for his OSR and his melta on the arm wouldn't look out of place.With Draigos Fluff you can do as you like it can't be any worse than it already is.Its got me thinking anyhow

good luck

Thanks

The conversion idea was to use normal NDK model, and examine if it was even remotely possible to cut and file finecast draigo to the harness. For the sword I have not yet figured out what to use, or only to paint it in different color. For the shield however, i was thinking, that now at the age of 3D printing, if i could find someone with the capabilities to "scan" the original draigos shield, and scale it up to fit the size of the NDK and print the bigger version in plastic / resin / whatever..

For the rules, well, in the aftermath of the fluff, i did wrote down some preliminary rules for that Draigo NDK and his paladin NDKs. as well as some special rules for the formation. So here it goes:

Exalted Titan armour

WS BS S T W I A LD Sv
    7 6 7 7 5 5/1 4+1 10 2+/3++

Wargear
    - Titan GreatSword
    - Titan Shield
    - Personal Teleporter
    -Heavy Psychic Incinerator*
    Unit Type:
    - Monstrous Creature

Special Rules:
    - Eternal Warrior
    - Fearless
    - Grand Strategy
    -Driven by Purpose
    - Psyker (Mastery Level 2)
    - Wards of the Warp Wanderer
    - Prefered Enemy (Chaos)
    - Shield Slam

Psychic Powers
    - Hammerhand
    - Sanctified Flame*
    - Psychic Communion
    - Summons of theLord

Paladin in Dread Knight armour
    WS BS S T W I A LD Sv
    5 4 6 6 4 4 3 10 2+/5++

Wargear
    - Nemesis GreatSword
    - Personal Teleporter
    - (May select ranged weapons from the Nemesis Dread Knight unit entry with appropriate point costs from Codex: Grey Knights)
    Unit Type:
    - Monstrous Creature
    Special Rules:
    - Psyker (Mastery Level 1)
    - Wards of the Warp Wanderer
    - Prefered Enemy (Chaos)

Psychic Powers:
    - Hammerhand
    - Holocaust
    Formation Points: **** + ***
    - Lord Kaldor Draigo in Exalted Titan armour
    - 3 Paladins in Nemesis Dread Knight (each with Sigils and Wards upgrade)

Special Rules

Driven by purpose: Lord Draigo knows exactly what is required of him formation of Silver Knights. Player never needs to roll for the numbers of units affected by *Grand Strategy*- special rule. Instead the chosen USR affects all the units in the formation (even Draigo himself!).

Heavy Psychic Incinerator / Sanctified Flame :
    Sanctified Flame is a psychic shooting attack that follows the rules for the Heavy Incinerator, with the exception that it uses Hellstorm- template. Such is the backslash should the attack fail, that Draigo immediately takes one automatic hit from a destroyer- type weapon (instead on normal perils of the warp), thus losing D3 wounds if

Shield Slam: The enormous shield made of the ramming prow of the strike cruiser allows for one mighty attack with the power of a thunder hammer.
    This is an attack that can be made against vehicles and monstrous creatures in close combat and it follows the rules of a Thunder Hammer.

Summons of the Lord: For the Formation of Silver Knights the fullfilment of summons from their Lord is of utmost importance. Even the just-to-be-landed killing blow to the Greater Daemon is of second in nature when the summons are called.
    Once per game, at the beginning of any player movement turn, Draigo can summon his chosen retinue to his side.
    Make a psychic test, if passed, all units from the formation within 36” from the Draigo are removed from the table and placed withing 12” from him using deepstrike rules. Note that this power can be used even if Draigo is locked in close combat. Units that are summoned while Draigo is locked in close combat are automatically placed in the same close combat and counts as if they have assaulted that turn.

The One True Enemy: Having fought for so long against so many different foes, Lord Kaldor Draigo has learned to fight everything the Chaos has to throw against him. As a result, all units in the formation change Prefered Enemy: (Daemons)to Prefered Enemy (Chaos).

Wards of the Warp Wanderer: With a lifetime spent in warp,
    If the unit summoned has the Wards of the Warp Wanderer, it does not scatter.