BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Librarian

Quote Originally Posted by Kawauso View Post
    Oh, whatever it is, it's not part of the native Fenrisian population from M31-M40. It seems like it was an abortive part of some attempt to adapt to the planet while colonizing it.

It could be that the Canis Helix is part of what the original settlers of Fenris used to try and adapt. The Imperium did love re-using things from the Dark Age of Technology, especially during the Crusade, so it's feasible that the Emperor re-discovered it and incorporated it into the geneseed of one of his legions. He probably improved it so that the likelihood of failure wasn't as great. There aren't all that many Wulfen, after all, and most of them seem to be humanoid rather than straight-up wolves.

I think the actual 'wolves' that live in the wild on Fenris/become cyber wolves/thunderwolves, etc. are descended from the initial human settlers of the planet.

My 2 cents.
    Mines two!!

That´s what I always had believed after reading Prospero Burns and Battle of the Fang... That the "THERE ARE NO WOLVES ON FENRIS" theme is very clear and true: all the wolves we see are the first settlers of the planet, who tried to adapt with the Canis Helix and became wolves with the passing of eras.
    Lord Macragge and wielder of the Ultramar´s Gauntlets

Scout

Def read battle of the fang. Great book!!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123