BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

No events anywhere near me
    (or at least none I'm aware of)
    I'm thinking it'd probably turn out more like Daleks playing Quiddich. "It is the Potter!! EXTERMINATE! EXTERMINATE! " (someone I know on twitter)

Chapter-Master

I think i will attend the GW glasgow one, the people there are nice and theyve got a few painting contests

(and hopefully pick up the limited edition mini )
    visit my blog: www.fuzzbuket.blogspot.com I do cheap commsion work
    And COME TO BOLSCON UK and yell about my font!

Chapter-Master

As the stuff they are putting out looks pretty lame (where's my collector's edition rulebook GW?) and the store will be rammed full of smelly and annoying children, I think I'll pass.
    Chief Educator of the Horsemen of Derailment "People demand freedom of speech to make up for the freedom of thought, which they avoid." SOREN KIERKEGAARD

Chapter-Master

Wildey, I would say come down to Leics, as the store is big enough to never really feel rammed full (of smelly, annoying kids or otherwise). That said, after last night's football you would quite possibly be mocked regardless of whether you support your local team or not lol.
    Always thinking 2 projects ahead of anything I've yet to finish
    http://instinctuimperator.blogspot.co.uk/

Brother-Captain

No Games Workshop store anywhere near me (and currently skint anyway), but checked my orders on GW's site and my limited edition figure has been dispatched, so with luck I'll have that tomorrow to make a start on.
    Either there is life in the universe more intelligent than us, or we are the most intelligent form of life in the universe. Either way, it's a worrying thought!

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by SotonShades View Post
    Wildey, I would say come down to Leics, as the store is big enough to never really feel rammed full (of smelly, annoying kids or otherwise). That said, after last night's football you would quite possibly be mocked regardless of whether you support your local team or not lol.
    Lol, yeah Derby are my second team so I can just imagine the stick I'd get. Still, could be worse, I could be a forest fan! Glad to hear the leicester store is a reasonable size, the derby one is slightly too big to be a one-man store, but still get's crowded pretty easily. Thanks for the invite, but I think I'll pass, I'm feeling a tad let down by this 'big' anniversary so I'm giving it a miss and not buying any of GW's really awesome mousemats and wristbands.
    Chief Educator of the Horsemen of Derailment "People demand freedom of speech to make up for the freedom of thought, which they avoid." SOREN KIERKEGAARD

So...listing the loot I picked up today!

I picked up the mini. I initially thought it was kind of a stupid niche product, but I have it in my hands and it looks great. No flaws that I've noticed. I'm still not sure if I'm going to keep it or sell it to a Crimson Fists player that might enjoy it more than I. I want to keep it, but I play SWs and DE so...yeah. Kind of the same boat as I was in when I picked up the FW Boarding Action Mark III Marine. I could strip off the insignia and laurels to fit in with my SWs, but I feel that's a bit of a crime. The details are what make them amazing minis.

I picked up the poster. It's really nice. Made out of a thicker poster stock. Smaller than I imagined it, but the quality of paper and the art make up for the size. It's about half the size of the Adeptus Astartes posters they sell during GW birthday bashes. It came in a rather nice tube and paper wrapping.

Sidenote: The packaging for the mini and the poster are REALLY nice. Kind of strange to be honest.

I also picked up the anniversary pin and an Astartes rubber bracelet.

I thought it was kind of funny that my store had a ton of Mouse pads left over.

Also got the new White Dwarf. Good issue from what I've read so far.

Chapter-Master

Lucky you. I was 12th in line at my store and theyd already run out of pins by then. Further, they didn't give away any of the posters, etc, but rather you had to wait around multiple hours for a raffle.

Absolutely wasted trip. Just sell the effing posters GW. Dammit to hell.

www.queencityguard.com

Quote Originally Posted by wittdooley View Post
    Lucky you. I was 12th in line at my store and theyd already run out of pins by then. Further, they didn't give away any of the posters, etc, but rather you had to wait around multiple hours for a raffle.

Absolutely wasted trip. Just sell the effing posters GW. Dammit to hell.
    Did you go to a LGS or a GW location? I have a GW about ten minutes from my house. They were selling the posters for $4.10. The only freeby was the pin.

Chapter-Master

Went to a GW. Won't be going to any of their events again. Very disappointed.

www.queencityguard.com

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast