BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Went to my GW. Rammed with children, but the Scrap Devil competition was fun and I got some great bits for £2.50. I avoid it on weekends, and this confirmed that feeling, but I'll go if they ever have scrap building contests again...

Do I feel like I've celebrated 25 years of 40k? Not really. But I've had worse days, and the new models in the WD do look pretty, so I'm pleased for Nid/SW fans.
    http://miteyheroes.blogspot.com/ - My 40k Blog: Adeptus Mechanicus, Imperial Guard Grots, Conversions, Battle Reports and more.

Got a poster and pin, blew the minds of a bunch of teenage boy hobbyists simply by being there and had a piece of surprisingly nice cake.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Chaplain

went to my local one (Bradford) and had a blast,

11am - Speed painting competition, paint a Space Marine in 25 minutes!! All supplies provided, prizes for the winners!

12noon - 25th Anniversary Kill Team! 250pts, Kill Team rules. Score victory points equal to the points value of what you kill, prizes for the highest score!

2pm - Enjoy a slice of Warhammer 40cake!

3pm - Speed painting round 2!!

4pm - 25th anniversary Kill Team round 2!

scored 378 points in the two rounds of kill team (losing against nids and wiping out grey knights with my chaos marines)

i had 9 marines with bolters and a dread with autocannon.

nid player had the Doom and 11 genestealers, Doom died without doing anything (autocannon) but the genestealers infiltrated and murdered everthing. at the end he had only 3 stealers left while i was wiped out.

Grey knights had a razorback with lascannon and purfier squad with six grey knights two with psycannons.

he lascannoned one of my marines, psycannon'd another two and immboilsed and destroyed both arms on my dread (but not destroyed) so he didn't get points for the dread. while my dread blew up his razorback that killed an additional two purifiers in the explosion, squashed another who tried to beat it in CC and then the rest were picked off by the other six marines.

and in the painting competition i painted one marine as a pre-heresy word bearer and the other as a black templar but raven guard won both times (painted by two different people).

there were only four kids and they were pretty well mannered, the rest were 4 to 5 17 -18 year olds, 3 over 20s (including myself) and two over 40s. the store had 12 of the crimson fist captain, sold out in the first 20 minutes of opening.

also got a load of comments about my models, exspecially the dreadnought.

(haven't got a photo of it painted)

(and like these X9

I heard the Leeds store had a raffle for a prestine copy of Rogue Trader rulebook.

EDIT: oh and i was asked to if i did commissions, which took me by surprise.
    Step forth and be recognized.
    No mercy. No pity. No hope.

Chapter-Master

I had a reasonably good time. Like Eldar girl, I only managed to pick up a poster and a pin badge (the store's stock of models had sold out by 0935... nad had made it's daily target by 1005. Not bad for a store that opens at 10am.

Played a demolition derby game. Upto 3 vehicles, everything had to be WYSIWYG. I actually ended up running it because the staff had to help out a lot of new customers. Very willy, wrecks everywhere. We all absolutely pounded the Blood Angels player who really wasn't playing in the spirit of the game. I lost count of the number of times my battlewagon's grot riggers repaired immobilisation results. I didn't win by a long shot, but it was fun.

Had a gladitorial combat game. Upto 200 points on a HQ choice, no named characters. I decided to take an Ork wierdboy warphead for 85 points :P Was easilly the most entertaining character in the game. Died quickly but nearly took out a big nurgle deamon in the process.

A few of the other planned events fell through because the staff were too busy selling things (the cheek!) but a good time was had chatting and GMing a few games of 40k and fantasy. Much cake was eaten. I may have sneaked off with a few of the 40k 25th anniversary bunting flags as well... shhhh.

I also entered my KoptaBoss (I'm sure you can find him in the Modelling and Painting Forum if you fancy a look) into a painting competition. Voting hasn't been conducted yet, so I can't say how well I've done yet, but I fancy my chances
    Always thinking 2 projects ahead of anything I've yet to finish
    http://instinctuimperator.blogspot.co.uk/

My store had a paint a model in 25 mins challenge, paint 25 models in 1 minute challenge, a quiz, 500 point games of 40k, fantasy and LOTR, and a couple of random little games of chance. winning these games got you a pin but you couldnt win more than one pin on the day. As i was awarded a pin for coming first in my area at the 5 Dragons tournament i didnt get another pin but the games were fun anyway

I got a chaos band and a pin but didnt really want anything else. The limited edition model wasnt something i was interested in and im not really someone who goes for the "get it cos its lmited" hype.

Overall it was mad busy but fun all the same

Sounds like you guys had a lot more fun than the store I went to (White Marsh, MD).

I didnt camp out out front or anything, got there about an hour after it opened. They had 6 people playing 40k with a multi army 3v3, 2 guys playing fantasy, and 2 guys setting up to play 40k. No cake. No give aways.

They had posters and arm bands for SALE. I think $4-$5 each. I bought the new WD as I play SWolves, bought some novels as they had about 12 I havent read yet, and bought the new IA2 book.

I wasnt impressed at all.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123