BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    First-Captain

Quote Originally Posted by Grenadier View Post
    True, it would mean charging is easier. Still, that slight advantage is offset for the simple fact the enemy will put a lot more models in base to base contact thus decreasing my commander's odds of survival.

One solution to the issue in game would simple be to measure movement from the bike's front tire. And for assault simply count the base as non-existent. After all, the bike's normal base is no bigger than the bike's own footprint right? So to treat the larger heavy weapons team base as non-existent means anyone assaulting me can hit me can step up on the base and contact the bike. It'd be the same as if it were on an original base. All measurements for assault or shooting will go against the bikes 4 sides. The base becomes part of the table.

**I just checked on of my bikers on the proper base. Both tires overhang the base by a bit and its width is equal to the bike itself. So that backs up my treating the base it is on as non-existent theory.

Besides, I only had one bike squad with original bases. All of my other bikes were scrap ones bartered to me without their original bases. So I had to work with what I had. In fact, some bikes actually just have two round bases: one on each wheel!
    To be honest bike bases are somthing ive dealt with myself, back when the bits could be ordered from mail order, I had a bike squad I got for my templars, all on dreadnaught bases, that was b4 bikes even came on bases.
    For the Greater good.

Chaplain

I really miss being able to order specific bits like that! Part of the fun was simply just scouring all the models, even those outside of 40k for cool bits you could use. Now my bits box just ends up being comprised of unused parts. Not being able to order specific bits seriously hinders things I think.

And while at it here's a gripe I have: My bits box is full of extra torso parts. Tons of them. We get these aplenty. But you never get any unused legs. It'd be nice if they put more legs on the sprues.
    The Eye of Skreebo is upon ye. Skreebo expects.

First-Captain

Meh I like excess torso's im glad that my templars get some custom bits, even if they are subpar to wolves and BA, I want my tau to also have customisation
    For the Greater good.

Chaplain

I suppose I shouldn't complain. If kits came with spare legs GW would just jack up the prices. I would like to see other spare stuff though. I don't have enough Templar shoulder pads. Am trying to figure out how to make their cross out of green stuff and apply it to smooth pads. And forget about the decals..they always crumple up near the top.

Brother-Sergeant

For the decals just do what I do and use duct tape
    Shiner me!

Chaplain

No! I abhor tape in all its forms. For it has adhesive on it! And I'm a bit of a germophobic OCD type. In my mind the sticky side of all tape harbors all manner of horrors embedded in the adhesive.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234