BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
    Brother-Captain

Default Lord of Apocalypse (War) - New release from Avatars of War

Just saw this fellow posted up on their Facebook page and thought I'd post it here:

Pretty nice/nasty looking Chaos Lord/Champion type to go with their plastic/resin units for that faction. Apparently there are more Apocalypse units and characters coming soon, so guess plastic Witch Elves aren't coming anytime soon, but we might get lucky and get female Chaos Warriors instead.
    Either there is life in the universe more intelligent than us, or we are the most intelligent form of life in the universe. Either way, it's a worrying thought!

I wonder if holding that helmet counts as a shield...

At first I thought this guy was a vampire lord..., must be his teeth....

I was rather excited when I first heard about this mini, then I saw the static pose and head on it... I think I'll stick with the AoW Chaos Lord. This guy looks like he's having a portrait done, and his hair is seriously terrible.

He almost looks awesome.

Looks like an exalted champion...not lord of chaos material.

Maybe the helmet arm can be swapped out for a shield or maybe handweapon? I think you can do that with other AoW models

Quote Originally Posted by joppo View Post
    Maybe the helmet arm can be swapped out for a shield or maybe handweapon? I think you can do that with other AoW models
    I'd say probably not since the helmet is hard moulded into his arm and no alternate options have been shown.

If he could wear the helmet and hold a second weapon or a shield it'd definitely salvage this model for me - as is there's no way in hell i'd grab him over the other chaos lord AoW make.

I think that he would be a pretty sweet vamp lord

Moar plastic units preaze AOW i love you

yeah, uh, a lot of their stuff is good, but now this? what were they thinking?