BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Gir View Post
    People still don't quite grasp the fact that marines are in scale. It's most other stuff (I'm looking at you, imperial guard) that are out of scale.
    It'd be great if IG got new plastic kits that don't look so derpy like the current ones.

Interesting, although out of scale with other 40k models, at least I never thought the SM's looked out or proportion, now looking at one next to a tru scale it looks like the normal marine is way out of proportion. Like Ape arms and short squat legs out of proportion. I may have to try making a squad just to see the difference first hand.

Librarian

When you see 1st hand the difference between a GW stock marine and even the most simple True Scaled marine it is quite funny to think GW is still making them like that.

i am making my Blood Angels TS, its really easy to get a more realistic look with simple bits of plasticard and a touch of GS.

i really like the chapterhouse kit, but would prefer a legs only option as i really love using the Forge World Mk 4 & 5 bodies and heads.

rhinos and such are not even in scale for standard GW models so it does not matter if the TS models are a little taller, was it phill kelly that said if the game was how the fluff would have you believe, then armies of marines would have like 12 guys against a normal army as we know it (kind of like old GK LOL).

Scout

Wish I had known ablut these earlier. Oh well, there goes my tax return.

Quote Originally Posted by electriceye83 View Post
    Also digging those iconoclast conversion kits, looking pretty tidy as well, somewhere in the middle of the proteus and mkII land raiders. very nice.
    I'm not all that impressed with mine. It's rather mediocre in design, especially compared to my Mk IIb and Armored Proteus kits from FW. I can see about getting comparison shots at some point.

Battle-Brother

True-scale marines...now even easier to trace LOS to!

Isn't this drifting more toward infringement? This goes beyond the basic "upgrade and compatible bitz" range chapterhouse has carried thus far.

Infringement ... probably not, because the major issues were the linking of models with blanket copyright fluff and the like. It gets really fuzzy in the legal sense when you take a model and name it something that is covered by Games Workshop copyright. You could sculpt your own Games Workshop models and sell them, even if they are borderline copies, save for a few parts (see my exception note below). The difference being, you can't use their naming conventions, but you can sure as hell utilize their aesthetic.

Note: There are exceptions to this rule, with things that are obvious: helmets, backpacks, aspects of the model that are uniquely identifiable as being within the 'Games Workshop' aesthetic. That doesn't mean that you could not model and sell your own, only that you have to be more careful. The model itself: armor configuration, shoulder pads, arms, hands, legs, feet, and even the look of the weapon, are too general to be covered by copyright.

Chaplain

I really want some now. curse you economy, i don't have enough money to get some.
    Read this www.scribd.com/doc/123508033/Warhammer-40-000-6th-Edition-Codex-Adeptus-Aribites Then fill this out www.surveymonkey.com/s/LCFWXNV thanks

Battle-Brother

Good kit for vets/HQs. Maybe to represent artificer armour... I'll take 4 plz...

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast