BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
    Banned

Default Chapterhouse True Scale Marine kits

Sorry, I mean [URL="http://chapterhousestudios.com/index.php?route=product/product&path=128&product_id=204"]"Knights Praetorius Conversion kit"[/URL]

Please note we have a very limited number of these kits currently onhand, we are expecting a main release date of March 5th, 2012 and any orders placed before then will be filled on a first-come first serve basis once stock arrives.

The "Knights Praetorius" are the Empress' most loyal soldiers. Each is endowed with a touch of the Empress' psychic powers when admitted into the unit. While few in number, each is a match for 10 lesser men, the psychic unity with the Empress allows a measure of prescience as well as formidable endurance. Both men and woman are allowed to test to join the unit, but few survive this testing.

Each resin kit comes unassembled and unpainted. The28 mm TRU-Scale kit comes with enough components to assemble a squad of 6 "Knight Praetorius" - 12 assorted armored pauldrons, 6 torsos, 6 sets of legs and 6 equipment backpacks. Please note it is necessary to purchase heads, arms, weapons and bases to assemble as shown. Chapterhouse Studios Marine Heads and weapons are scaled appropriately for use with this kit. We recommend 28mm scale model kits for assembly with this kit.

Shown examples were modeled and painted by Stephen Smith and consist of numerous components from different manufactures for the weapons, arms, heads and weapon effects can be seen in [URL="http://chapterhousestudios.com/index.php?route=news/gallery&album_id=3#!prettyPhoto"]the gallery on our website here.[/URL]
    via [URL="http://apocalypse40k.blogspot.com.au/2012/02/chapterhouse-studios-releases-true.html"]Apocalypse 40k[/URL]

Chapter-Master

From the top picture i'd have said no. His head seems to be sinking into his body

But they look cool I guess.

But aren't the heads/ guns going to look small on larger bodies?
    Autarch, Shas'o, Chaos Lord and Decadant Lord of the Webway. And a Doctor!
    http://drlove42.blogspot.com/

Librarian

People still don't quite grasp the fact that marines are in scale. It's most other stuff (I'm looking at you, imperial guard) that are out of scale.

Chaplain

Indeed. A Catachan's arm appears brawnier than a Marine's for example. Of course making non-Marine models in a truer scale to their size would render many of them much more difficult to work with.

What I really would like to see are vehicles brought to a truer scale for all the infantry, Marine or otherwise. A Rhino does not look like it could hold 5 marines let alone 10. And the Chimera looks as if only one Ogryn could fit inside if he crawled in and laid down.

Brother-Captain

Quote Originally Posted by Gir View Post
    People still don't quite grasp the fact that marines are in scale. It's most other stuff (I'm looking at you, imperial guard) that are out of scale.
    Yeah. I don't think I've seen any attempts at true-scale marines that have looked good to me...this is more of the same.

Though I do love me some Mk. 8 torsos.

Quote Originally Posted by Grenadier View Post
    Of course making non-Marine models in a truer scale to their size would render many of them much more difficult to work with.
    True, though Necrons and Dark Eldar seem to work out just fine (only problem I've had lately has been that stupid 'thick' plastic glue with scrawny Necron wrists attaching to arms).

In fact, DE would probably be along the sort of scale true-scale IG ought to be, wouldn't they? Just a bit shorter.

Also I remember seeing a post where a guy worked it out, and Rhinos are actually quite a bit bigger than they need to be to hold 10 marines.
    If you've ever been in an APC, you'll have a better appreciation for how cramped they are. They are -literally- like clown cars.
    Last edited by Kawauso; 02-24-2012 at 09:23 AM.
    Armies Played (in order of acquisition)
    Crons, SW, SM, Tau, 1k Sons, IG, Nids, BA, DE

Quote Originally Posted by DrLove42 View Post
    From the top picture i'd have said no. His head seems to be sinking into his body

But they look cool I guess.

But aren't the heads/ guns going to look small on larger bodies?
    that's because it's MK VIII armor...
    "But I tell you, we were gods once, and we shall be gods again". - In defense of the future: a Logical Discourse.

Chapter-Master

Did anyone see if they are going to be resin or metal? I think it isn't listed, or if it is I missed it.

Regardless of what is in scale, this is something I'd potentailly look at to paint up a nice display marines piece.

www.queencityguard.com

The Knights are resin pieces.

I am going to try to do a complete Knight assembled with Chapterhouse products since we have plenty of weapon-arms, weapons, heads and pad designs to choose from.

I think the end result will be something much nicer then the big marines people seem to want to use the kit for.

Imagine these heads with these weapons, and I plan on leaving the pads off or using some of the new armored shoulders that I just received with no backpack.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0606.JPG 
Views:	182 
Size:	144.1 KB 
ID:	1654  

Chaplain

Am i reading into this that
    Both men and woman are allowed to test to join the unit, but few survive this testing.
    so does this mean you plan to make female Knights Praetorius?
    "Heretics crave the cleansing fire of absolution. They need not fear, for we shall deliver"

As long as they do not include trademarked icons I dont see any problem. Im a fan of some of their upgrades.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast