BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Yeah, I had originally intended for bone to be the "royal color", so as it stands, my Warriors would have no bone on them at all.
    I might change my mind though. Or maybe change the rifle stock color? Orignally, this was speed painting, then I kind of got carried away.

love the choice of red, your lord is fantastic

Scout

Awesome Lychguard, and i think the red instead of the green is awesome.

I always enjoy seeing new necrons, Where are all the scarabs, (

The scarabs are in the second post. I considered making more than 30 just in case I ever ran the 30 scarabs + 9 Spyders list (why not, right??).

I am about 80% done with my next stalker. I will try to post a little "how to" and a parts list tonight. I'm really happy with the results for the price work put in. Stay tuned.

To everyone else: Thanks for all of the kind words!!!

Brother-Captain

Nice 'Crons! Your OSL and Stalker conversion are particularly good. I think the base for the Stalker might be a bit small, though.
    Armies Played (in order of acquisition)
    Crons, SW, SM, Tau, 1k Sons, IG, Nids, BA, DE

I thought that too. Its only a placeholder at the moment, I want to pick up a few Dreadknight bases for my stalkers. I hope its close to the real size when the real model comes out.
    My game group thought maybe it should be dreadnaught sized. I figured Defiler sized. We will see.

Oh and about the light-source painting, that is my first attempt! I read a quick tutorial on it and fired up my new airbrush. It was on that old Lord that I had painted years ago, I took off the old green rod, hit it with a super light spray of red from the tip of the Warscythe and then glued the new red rod in place. It turned out great. My daugther thought the new rods actually were glowing!
    Last edited by Brymm; 03-23-2012 at 04:22 PM.

This is my second stalker conversion.

What I bought:

Ghost Ark kit
    Ghost Ark "Cresent Chassie" from an EBAY bits seller ($7!!!)
    4 Deathmark guns (I had them already)
    ... That's it!

That means I paid about $25 for each stalker. Not a bad deal.

What I did was assemble both Cresent Chassies according to the instructions. You're now left with the body/cockpit piece with no legs and no guns.

The legs are the "ribs" from the ghost ark kit. This is the only REAL work you have to do. Clip off the very ends of them and fashion them into points. Next, hold each "leg" up to an exhaust port and roughly score about where you want to cut the circle part of the leg so it will fit into the vent.
    Next, cut the circle part of the "legs" on the scores you made, trim appropriately with your hobby knife, and glue into place.

For the gun, cut down two of the Synaptic Disintergrators and glue them into the open port that the "rib assembly" of the Ghost Ark would normally go.

Then BAMN! You are in business. My kits and bits only came with one of the "drivers," so I had to use a repairing necron as my other pilot. He looks like he's lying in a some sort of bed hibernating or mind controlling the vehicle. I may attach wires to him in various places to make it look like he's "linked in" or something.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	necronstalker3.jpg 
Views:	64 
Size:	101.5 KB 
ID:	1796  

The lighting on the necron lord looks awesome. Also the glowing orbs (I don't actually know what type of wargear those are, but they look great).

Chapter-Master

Awesome conversions! very functional but look great as well. Now you're making me wish I had more money so I could pay for the rest of my successor necron army.
    Please support a Poor starving musician and buy my new album for only £5 :
    https://ionplasmaincineration.bandcamp.com/album/decoding-the-quantum-star-verses

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast