BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Some New Crons WIP hobby log

Hey all,
    Started updating my old Necrons and bought some new models. Bought red rod from Plastruct. The lord has my old paint job but I hit it with the airbrush to get the red glow. I love it.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	lords.jpg 
Views:	135 
Size:	50.9 KB 
ID:	1655   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	lych.jpg 
Views:	148 
Size:	80.4 KB 
ID:	1656   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	barge.jpg 
Views:	142 
Size:	85.2 KB 
ID:	1657   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	updatedlord.jpg 
Views:	130 
Size:	39.4 KB 
ID:	1658   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	updatedlord2.jpg 
Views:	128 
Size:	33.6 KB 
ID:	1659  

And my Scarabs, I will try to grab a better picture. I'm working on my Ghost Ark and my other Barge. I have 3 Spiders done also, but they are packed away in a box else where.

Name:	scarabs.jpg 
Views:	119 
Size:	99.2 KB 
ID:	1660  

I really like the Lychegaurd. The red lining on the silver shields is beautiful looking.

Thanks! I was really happy how they turned out too. I think red is so much a breath of fresh air over the green you always see.

I completely agree. I went with blue myself but in the long run I kinda wish I had gone with red... Thinking of starting a second Necron army with red rods now that my current Icecrons are at 3000. Seeing a nicely painted redcrons army such as yours is definitely pushing me closer to that path, thats for sure.

Dude, I absolutely love the new necron models. I have been painting the hell out of them lately, and they were a much needed improvement to the line. I love the Lychguard models, but I can't justify using them at what they cost.

My first stalker conversion. I got enough stuff to make two!

Name:	wfbstalker2.jpg 
Views:	107 
Size:	76.8 KB 
ID:	1739  

Scout

looking good! i went with red also but used a bit more red than you did, i like the idea of ceramics on parts of the armour.

Scout

Your Necrons are looking great, especially with the red energy glow. Can't wait for more updates as I'm just starting a Necron army and need inspiration

I like your paint scheme, but I think it would look better if you brought the bone color out more. There needs to be something to break up the big, metallic planes. Have you considered adding the bone color to the joints and seams in the armor?

Conversion looks great!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast