BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
    Brother-Sergeant

Default Is this "Leaked" Tau Codex Fake?

Sorry if it has been answered / discussed elsewhere. Couldn't find it!

[url]http://www.scribd.com/doc/78194104/74662435-Tau-Empire-Codex-LEAKED-No-Markups[/url]

Librarian

I would say defiantly fake, format is wrong too many named characters, without including old characters, some of the squads names would be silly even for GW.

Fly Lord

From the file's Metadata:

Author: Caleb Patterson
    Created: 12/4/2011
    Authoring Software: Microsoft Word 2010

It also is not formatted anything like GW does, and uses a different style and tone of language and wording. It looks more like a giant wishlist incorporating every GW and Forgeworld unit ever made all rolled into one, with some new stuff thrown in for good measure.

In short...

ITS A FAKE!!!

[url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7qKcJF4fOPs[/url]
    Got some Juicy News? Email BoLS

Veteran-Sergeant

yeah and the fact that every special charcter has 4 wounds and is a eternal warrior, hell i only made it through that part and knew it was a fake lol

Chapter-Master

I wouldn't even go so far as to say fake as that woud imply some deliberate attempt to pass it off as a genuine article, but there clearly is no such effort here. More likely just a fandex that someone has erroneously labelled as 'leaked' to drum up interest.
    Chief Educator of the Horsemen of Derailment "People demand freedom of speech to make up for the freedom of thought, which they avoid." SOREN KIERKEGAARD

Quote Originally Posted by Bigred View Post
    From the file's Metadata:

It also is not formatted anything like GW does, and uses a different style and tone of language and wording. It looks more like a giant wishlist incorporating every GW and Forgeworld unit ever made all rolled into one, with some new stuff thrown in for good measure.

In short...

ITS A FAKE!!!

[url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7qKcJF4fOPs[/url]
    I was going to say, It's a Rake, It's a Snake, It's a Jake. :P
    What is the most important rule? That we should do whatever the hell we want, but preferably in the best interests of Games workshop when possible? :P Ill go with that

Chapter-Master

The "-1 ld to any psykers for each battlesuit within 24" " made me laugh, too. That's an absurdly good psychic defense. With the Aegis, at least, you have to target the Grey Knights and the effects are not cumulative. Any Tau player with even just a handful of battle suits (e.g. every single one right now) would basically be immune to all psychic powers. And the rest of the special rules are equally absurd.

So, yeah. Fake.
    Last edited by DarkLink; 02-24-2012 at 04:17 PM.
    I am the Hammer. I am the right hand of my Emperor. I am the tip of His spear, I am the gauntlet about His fist. I am the woes of daemonkind. I am the Hammer.

penal gang? in tau?

no. just no. come on.

Brother-Captain

Hey Phil, didn't we teach you that anything that's too good to be true with the Tau usually isn't ;-)

lol

did you see the wargear on those firewarriors? Rifle, Carbine, Pistol, Close Combat weapon, grenades this grenades that, stubborn, counter-attack, free flamers.

This is more than a fan-dex. This is an "I want to win without having to actually play the game fan dex"

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast