BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 2 of 22 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: GW prices.

Rape is against the law, corporations are compelled by law to do all they cane to remain profitable.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Grenadier View Post
    And I don't even want to get into Finecast and the prices of. To date I've not bought a single Finecast model.
    You're missing out on some great models, then.

www.queencityguard.com

I have no problem with their prices, its a lot cheaper than all the FW that I buy.

Chaplain

Considering I play Imperial Guard and Black Templars there's very little for them in Finecast. Especially the Guard. It'd be sweet if Ogryns get the Finecast treatment. As it is I already have the models that do exist for them in Finecast. And I can't justify replacing them for those yet as I still have more units to get for both armies. Nah, I think I'll get into Finecast whenever I get around to doing a Dark Eldar army. Those look great!

Quote Originally Posted by wittdooley View Post
    You're missing out on some great models, then.

Brother-Captain

Quote Originally Posted by Wildeybeast View Post
    Not sure why you think rape is something that should be referred to with a smiley face.
    So you admit that the Australians are being raped by GW. Thank you, made my point.

And like I said, nothing is being laid to rest here.

Necron2.0 (a.k.a. me) - "I used to wrestle with inner demons. Now we just sit for tea and scones, and argue over the weather."

Chaplain

Maybe I wanted somewhere to vent- in which Im sorry.

On the other hand I was trying (and apparently failing) to explain why GW prices are so high and create a thread where the reasons can be discussed allowing other conversation topics to have an opt out to be redirected here rather than having pages and pages of it amongst otherwise quite fun forum chatting. However this is a touchier subject than I first imagined. I did in my first post do a lot of stating the obvious, which, at one point during my life wasn't obvious and was unknown to me.

However I think the rape reference blew this out of proportion off topic and into dangerous territories.

So overall, I think this post was a massive fail on my part, Im sorry to waste your time. Can we let it die and get it off the front page plz?

quick math based on minimum wage per country

Australians have to work 3.17 hours to buy a box of Ork Boyz
    Canadians have to work 3.39 hours
    Americans have to work 4 hours
    Brits get the best deal having to work 2.9 hours

and the poor Japanese have to work 4.8 hours for the same box of Ork Boyz

seems to me based on wages per country GW prices are not unreasonable and I am sure that is what they base their prices on
    Tales from Original WFRP. My Troll-Slayer would be a terror with his axe, then my friend's Tax-Collector would hit the foul beasty with his cane and usually get the killing blow.

Chapter-Master

Most likely is.

And GW sets their price points where they do because they are in the business to make money.

www.queencityguard.com

Under no circumstances can a company charging what they think they can get for a product in a market where 100% an upwards mark ups are the norm on imported products be legitimately compared to a horrific act of violence against women. Or sometimes men.

Quote Originally Posted by Necron2.0 View Post
    So you admit that the Australians are being raped by GW. Thank you, made my point.

And like I said, nothing is being laid to rest here.
    Last edited by eldargal; 02-27-2012 at 01:44 AM.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Iron Father

On a positive note GW price rises have improved my painting 10 fold
    http://paintingplasticcrack.blogspot.co.uk

Page 2 of 22 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast