BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 3 of 22 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: GW prices.

Brother-Captain

Quote Originally Posted by eldargal View Post
    Under no circumstances can ....
    Ha! Under ever circumstance it can ... and usually is:
    [url=http://www.sodahead.com/united-states/no-apology-for-rape-an-pillage-of-american-taxpayers-see-video-to-the-left/question-2424199/]>>Example 1<<[/url]
    [url=http://www.maggiesnotebook.com/2011/01/congress-and-ge-robs-rapes-and-pillages-america-video/]>>Example 2<<[/url]
    [url=http://lewrockwell.com/holland/holland47.1.html]>>Example 3<<[/url]

And again, corporations and rapists abuse their circumstances for the exact same reason - because they can. People can ascribe all sorts of justifications to it, like draping frilly purity seals from a psychopathic thrill-killer, but that does not change the nature of the beast - not one iota.

Necron2.0 (a.k.a. me) - "I used to wrestle with inner demons. Now we just sit for tea and scones, and argue over the weather."

Under no circumstance is it legitimate, that applies to your examples. It is equal parts insensitive, immature and idiotic.

Corporations do what they do because they are compelled by law and self interest to be profitable. In no way are they like rapists. There is no element of force, for a start. No corporation is forcing you to buy their products, you have a choice. Rapists don't give you a choice. God knows there are plenty of monstrous corporations out there, and perhaps some may be considered rapists for what they do, say, native labour in Africa. But GW is certainly not one of them, and for those that are pricing for Western consumers certainly isn't one of the reasons.
    Last edited by eldargal; 02-27-2012 at 02:37 AM.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Brother-Captain

So you're saying it's more like they're just fornicating under command of king, then.
    Last edited by Necron2.0; 02-27-2012 at 02:37 AM.
    Necron2.0 (a.k.a. me) - "I used to wrestle with inner demons. Now we just sit for tea and scones, and argue over the weather."

Chaplain

Sorry to beat a dead horse here but I've always thought these games where a luxury, as far as I am aware you don't require GW products to live, I could be wrong and if I am, that is so sad the phrase 'epicly sad' would be very correct. I pretty much compare complaining about model prices to whining about the price of your shiny new Porsche, you'll always get the same advice when you start throwing these complaints about prices which is in a nutshell, 'Suck it up or GTFO'.

GW doesn't care that we hate the prices and their going to keep throwing smexy models in our faces and we'll keep paying for them it's a cold hard fact, and no it's not murder or...rape (WTF), it's plain old business and it's what every other successful company does. I'm pretty sure rapists don't charge afterwards but hey I could be wrong.
    Battle Sisters Record 2012 2/0/0
    Empire Record 2012 1/0/3

Brother-Captain

Quote Originally Posted by doom-kitten View Post
    Sorry to beat a dead horse here but I've always thought these games where a luxury....
    Yes, to be sure. This game (like all games) is completely a luxury, and as such GW can charge as much as they want, even when it's completely outrageous. That is pretty much understood by everyone. What boggles my mind is the number of people who eagerly run forward every time to try and justify the prices, trying to say it's not unreasonable. Of COURSE it's unreasonable - based on the quality of their products and what else is available on the market, it is completely unreasonable. Still, people will pay it, so GW keeps doing what they do. If they can stay in business doing it, fine - good for them. But that won't stop people from complaining, nor should it.

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Necron2.0 View Post
    Of COURSE it's unreasonable - based on the quality of their products and what else is available on the market, it is completely unreasonable. Still, people will pay it, so GW keeps doing what they do. If they can stay in business doing it, fine - good for them. But that won't stop people from complaining, nor should it.
    I'm sorry... how does that follow

www.queencityguard.com

Not sure why you think rape is something that should be referred to with a smiley face.
    You compared the 'unjustifiable' (in your opinion) actions of GW with those of rapists and murders. I find that to not only be stupid but deeply offensive, as I'm sure would anyone who has suffered as a result of murder or rape and indeed any GW employees or shareholders. Express your views on GW being overpriced by all means, but if you could try and provide some actual reasons for this view and leave the stupid, crass and offensive comparisons out of it, that'd be swell.
    I don't know i find the corporate model and wage slavery more offensive than rape, neither are good, and rape is definately monstrous, but so is the corporate model.

But there is nothing we can do about the corporate model, the keep stealing, and we keep giving, so smile and accept your masters.

Yes, to be sure. This game (like all games) is completely a luxury, and as such GW can charge as much as they want, even when it's completely outrageous
    Yes and a 20,000 dollar bottle of water is a luxury, doesn't make it right to charge that much for it. (and no, that's not pulled out my ***, there really is a 20,000 dollar bottle of water.)
    "But I tell you, we were gods once, and we shall be gods again". - In defense of the future: a Logical Discourse.

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by gendoikari87 View Post

Yes and a 20,000 dollar bottle of water is a luxury, doesn't make it right to charge that much for it. (and no, that's not pulled out my ***, there really is a 20,000 dollar bottle of water.)
    Then. Don't. Buy. It.

No one is forcing you to buy a damn thing. I've you think it's priced to high, don't buy it. If you can't afford it, don't buy it.

FFS.

www.queencityguard.com

Quote Originally Posted by eldargal View Post
    Rape is against the law, corporations are compelled by law to do all they cane to remain profitable.
    Yes, stealing farmers crops, putting pus in our milk, stealing rainwater from the most impoverished of the impoverished, Fixing prices, and buying off politicians to make all of that legal and and start wars in the middle east to protect your assets in the middle east, is legal.
    "But I tell you, we were gods once, and we shall be gods again". - In defense of the future: a Logical Discourse.

Quote Originally Posted by wittdooley View Post
    Then. Don't. Buy. It.

No one is forcing you to buy a damn thing. I've you think it's priced to high, don't buy it. If you can't afford it, don't buy it.

FFS.
    Do you even know what kind of resources it take to make that? What kind of resources they're sucking up with that? it's not about the money, it's about the economics of using a vast amount of resources for something so trivial when people are starving because you outsourced their job to china for workers who are paid pennies an hour just so you can have a 20,000 dollar bottle of water encrusted with diamonds that your just going to throw away.

Page 3 of 22 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast