BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Librarian

Default Extended stormraven

Ok peoples, here are a few pics of my current project.

inspired by chapterhouse studios amazing true scale raven kit, i decided to have a go with a raven i aquired.
    i have plenty plasticard and stuff so i thought id just try it rather than order the kit.

basicly copying the shapes of the body onto paper and then adding a few CM to it seems to have done the trick, im not one for interior details so i wouldnt need to worry about those, the only major mod to the kit parts was removing the tail struts off the engines and placing at the back of the raven.

i am only just onto filling the gaps with GS and then adding details and magnetising weapons. i really like the servitor turret so it is staying (i know people dont like it but i do LOL) with mag'ed weapons. as you can see i added the hurricane bolters to the body extension rather than cover the side hatches

well here are the pics
    front

overhead

side scale

Chaplain

Looks good, keep up the great work. BA83

Chapter-Master

That's a big improvement to the Raven.
    I am the Hammer. I am the right hand of my Emperor. I am the tip of His spear, I am the gauntlet about His fist. I am the woes of daemonkind. I am the Hammer.

Librarian

thanks guys, this thread may evolve into a Blood Angels plog as i am busy making a true scale Blood Angels force, its slow going but its fun none the less.

Librarian

Here's the one I did:

I found using the original intake and top turret made the whole thing look strangely proportioned, which is why I went for the BAAL turret (I then used the original stormraven turret as a BAAL turret)

The new turret looks awesome. That's a good ol' fashioned bits-swap if I ever seen one!

Brother-Captain

Any change from the stock model is a good one. That stock model is one of the few models that gve me the uncontrollable urge to kick it as hard as I can...
    Blood Angels Army Project
    http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?t=12017

Librarian

Quote Originally Posted by Meph View Post
    Any change from the stock model is a good one. That stock model is one of the few models that gve me the uncontrollable urge to kick it as hard as I can...
    Dont do that, The Mechanicus might get an idea that this thing (stock) could actually fly!

I have to admit, the Turret does seem perfectly in place there
    The Dark Angels, The Emperor's First, and Finest!
    A moment of Laxity spawns a lifetime of Heresy

Librarian

Gir i love that turret and i was actually trying to put the stock turret in that position but i did not have it built when i took the pics last night (hence the intake being so far back), but now its built and only the lascannons to magnetise i will probably crack on with that today.

hopefully i can find a nice red spray for the weekend and i may have some painted pics up by next week

a new mephiston and a reclusiarch are built and pretty much ready to roll too

I love that turret as well! I need to use that in conjunction with my CHS "true-scale" kits to make super Storm Raven's!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast