BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Brother-Sergeant

Default 25th Anniversary Miniature

I was at GW stores yesterday for the 25th event and the Anniversary minature sold out pretty quick. Today I was in two of my LGS and both still have 10 left. Is anybody else seeing this. It led me to think that GW may have shorted quantities shipped to there own stores to help create some hype at GW locations yesteday

Brother-Captain

My shop got in quite a few as well, but I think part of it was that they hyped it for their own stores, so they would get first day's sales, and other stores, like the where I work, didn't hype it, so we're still sitting on all but one (I bought one for myself). We'll have them until they sell out, but it won't be a special event piece.

Chapter-Master

Altwernativly it could be there was more demand at GW stores. Ours for instance had a queue of 75-80 people waiting when it opened in the morning
    Autarch, Shas'o, Chaos Lord and Decadant Lord of the Webway. And a Doctor!
    http://drlove42.blogspot.com/

Chapter-Master

Initially all my local GW's had been reserved, but luckily I dropped on cause they'd managed to get 'extras' so I got one for painting and one for saving lol.
    But this is my first finecast model, and while I would have preferred metal, it looks a lot better than the previous finecast models I've seen. The lads instore I were talking to (luckily ones I still recognise, and I assume recognise me as didn't get the hard sell...) reckon it's because a)they specially upped QC for this run, and b) there shouldn't be any issues with models designed to be used with the finecast process...
    Very nice model though....

However the process of robo-insemination is far too complex for the human mind!
    A knee high fence, my one weakness

There have been a few miscast examples shown/mentioned on Warseer, so there are still a few issues. Four of the seven my brothers and I ordered have arrived (irritating) and they were all perfect. Oh, on had a bubble on the foot that would like five seconds to fix. Still waiting for the other four, we had to draw lot and I didn't get one.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Chapter-Master

Eek, I'm going to have to check the second now, I'd only checked one and it was stunningly perfect...
    but now....

It's always best to check, sadly, with Finecast. Even though I've not had any sculpts that I would call unacceptable (my definition being any model which takes longer to prep for painting than a metal equivalent, so no rescultping details) I still check everything.

Speaking of which, mine just arrived in the post, yay! And it's perfect, thankfully. One of my brothers has a single bubble on the pistol arm eagle but that is all. A bit annoying as it requires a bit of resculpting but it seems a bit too small to replace a whole kit over. Still when you compare it to filing metal mouldlines and pinning the blighter together I think it is fine.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Chapter-Master

Generally I would see that as an acceptable rule of thumb, prep time no longer than the metal equivalent.
    But for a 'limited' model it should be perfect...

I sort of agree, which is why I think my brother should contact customer service about it. He doesn't agree though, so each to their own. He says he would feel petty asking for a replacement over such a small fault and I do see what he means.

Chapter-Master

No petty would be the additional compensation for emotional trauma and compensation for time taken pursuing a replacement lol

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast