BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 9 of 84 FirstFirst ... 78910111959 ... LastLast

Ha, that is amusing.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Battle-Brother

Interesting test.

One think I have always wondered. Why is that it is cool to be a feminist but not to be the same thing but on the male side? Can't remember what that is called just now. For example my boss is a women and really cool at that. She goes to local "women in leadership" events a lot. If I went to "men in leadership" that would probably be considered not okay. but the oposite for her is cool. Also there is no "men in leadership group that I am aware of.

Librarian

Quote Originally Posted by eldargal View Post
    And as psychosplodge says, women risk death giving birth. Men don't risk death impregnating women.
    Impregnate the wrong dude's woman and you do

Chaplain

So you're really going to compare an unborn baby to "any other unwanted parasite?" Thank you for reinforcing my belief that the attitude abortion supporters have towards life is repulsive to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Psychosplodge View Post
    See I would take the view if you cut it out and it can't survive without major medical intervention it isn't really alive...And it's no more immoral to terminate than it is to remove any other unwanted parasite.
    The Eye of Skreebo is upon ye. Skreebo expects.

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Grenadier View Post
    So you're really going to compare an unborn baby to "any other unwanted parasite?" Thank you for reinforcing my belief that the attitude abortion supporters have towards life is repulsive to me.
    While you may disagree with the semantics, what I said is technically correct

par·a·site/ˈparəˌsīt/
    Noun:

An organism that lives in or on another organism (its host) and benefits by deriving nutrients at the host's expense.
    Tell me how that doesn't apply?

However the process of robo-insemination is far too complex for the human mind!
    A knee high fence, my one weakness

Babies are literally parasites until birth, I know the word has negative connotations but it really is accurate.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by greendestiny View Post
    Also there is no "men in leadership group that I am aware of.
    That's because that's the default setting for the world - men don't need any help in achieving equality as other 'empowerment groups' are aiming to achieve equality with them.

Chaplain

Its not a matter of if it is accurate or not. It's a matter if it is appropriate to view an unborn child in such a low fashion. Apparently it is for some people. To me this view is dangerous.

Planned Parenthood is America's biggest abortion advocate. But a the liberals and progressives don't like to discuss the shady past of its founder Margaret Sanger. A woman who was a racist and supported eugenics. I've found many quotes from her that reveal the depravity of this kind of thinking. Racism was at the core of her beliefs combined with the cancerous ideas of eugenics. She clearly was a progressive elitist and racist. To her and her supporters were not fit to breed. She even saw them as a threat to the nation. Of course this meant black people. But she also held these depraved views towards other minorities, mentally ill, as well as the poor. Planned Parenthood today focuses their efforts on the minorities and poor and have been investigated for violating the law. Her views on these matters ought to be something shocking to America's modern left wing which champions the rights of minorities and poor as well as abortion and contraceptives.

Just a few of her quotes on this matter:

"More children from the fit, less from the unfit, that is the chief aim of birth control."
    The purpose of promoting birth control was to "create a race of thoroughbreds."
    "We do not want word to get out that we want to exterminate the the Negro population."
    "The most merciful thing that a large family does to one of its infant members is to kill it."

And so when I see people today liken an unborn child to parasite I'm concerned. The callous disregard contained it that kind of thinking is disturbing. Sure, it might be a technically accurate description. But I'm not concerned with the definitions. What concerns me is the mentality. And the fact is there are people alive today who think just as that disgusting Margaret Sanger does. Some in our world would like to see the "unfit" kept from reproducing. It is appalling to me that people have the audacity to decide which kind of people should not breed, which populations should be exterminated or at least tightly controlled to curb growth. This depravity is embedded in the roots of the pro-abortion and birth control movement. There is a dark side to these things. But those who championing these causes do not speak of such things. They speak of only positives and wrap it up in women's rights in order to shield it from criticism. And there may well be some positives to abortion and birth control. But many who support them willingly ignore the negatives. Sanger's perverse views were part of a movement back in the 20's. And she had many supporters. And today there are still people who hold these views. Planned Parenthood clearly upholds her vision. You don't see that organization going out of its way to extoll the virtues of abortion and contraceptives to the affluent white population. They focus more on the poor and minorities.

Now, I know this is a controversial issue and that those who support these things will never compromise let alone value the opposing views of others. And it is my belief this is an issue that there is no compromising. Sometimes in life people have to take a side. Not every thing gets that lovely gray area the left loves so much. You pick a side and you fight on that side. I've chosen my side and believe it is the right thing to do.

Quote Originally Posted by eldargal View Post
    Babies are literally parasites until birth, I know the word has negative connotations but it really is accurate.
    The Eye of Skreebo is upon ye. Skreebo expects.

Quote Originally Posted by Psychosplodge View Post
    While you may disagree with the semantics, what I said is technically correct

Tell me how that doesn't apply?
    Note however, that according to your definition a parasite is a living organism, which would refute your earlier claim that the zygote/embryo/fetus isn't alive.

Oh, and before I help derail this thread, I'd like to tip my hat to Eldargal for standing up for authentic feminism.

Page 9 of 84 FirstFirst ... 78910111959 ... LastLast