BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast
    Scout

My lowest point was when a squad of 5 space marine scouts shot my carnifex first turn. 4 hit and all wounded. I then proceeded to fail all my saves. The worst thing was that he was my 1st painted model and all I got to do with him was put him on the field and then remove him.

Chaplain

I had a pretty low one once when my friend's kid stole one of my scouts and a daemonette. At the same time he destroyed a bunker I had painstakingly worked on for three days. Sculpting nearly 200 sandbags and making a bunker out of foamcore. Of course the sneaky little ******* did all of this when nobody was looking. I was always trying to keep him away from my models.
    The Eye of Skreebo is upon ye. Skreebo expects.

Scout

My tyrant fired his HVC at a farseer, a small squad of warlocks , and a couple spare guardians. My blast hit 7 bases because he was bunched behind terrain. Supposed to roll 2+ to wound, all would've instant killed, and threw a handful seven 1s. Then his shooting kills both 'fexes I have on the board. Right when the game starts I kinda wanted to walk away.

I'm not sure what my worst 40k moment is but I sure know what my friends is...

We play most weekend and he had never beaten my SW with his CM. One day he decided to try out Abadon.
    Having never seen what a Abadon could do I can say I pretty much got my arse handed to me by Abodon who single handedly ripped though my army.
    The only thing I had left on the board was a Wolf Guard in power armour, the soul survivor of a Grey Hunter pack and a Drop Pod.
    All he had left was weakened Abadon (1 wound remaining). Regardless, he was winning, well ahead on KP's, it was his turn 5 and he wanted pay back!

He decide that my lone wolf guard was out of assault range this turn, so he would assault the Drop Pod. Auto hitting a DP wan't too much of a task for a WS7 Abadon. He raised the deamon sword Drach'nyen above his head and......... (Now, for those that don't know, when wheedling a deamon wpn you roll a D6 and the resulting number is the amount of extra attacks you gain. However, if you roll a 1, you take a wound with no save.).........rolled a 1.

Remember, annihilation is always a victory condition!

Pretty much any time I use my Lord of Change is a low point. Don't get me wrong; he tends to soak up a large amount of fire, and occasionally even kills something. But I tend to put him on the table one turn and have him gone by the next.

10 wyches assaulting and killing 5 tac marines and 4/5 sternguard. The 1 sternguard then didn't die for THREE TURNS!

Chaplain

The first time I encountered Abaddon I had an inkling of how powerful he was. It was in an three way battle against Chaos, Dark Angels, and my Imperial Guard armored compnay. The Chaos player, one of those who loves to be over powered put Abaddon on the table leading a squad of Chaos Terminators.

He brazenly walked Abaddon right across the center of the battlefield with his Termies in tow. And my tanks fired everything they had into this nasty mob. Turn after turn. Of course he begins pulling casualties out of the Termies first. So it's taking me time to whittle down this group. Turn after turn I'm firing everything on my tanks at him. While the rest of my units are contending with Dark Dummies and other Chaos guys. Each turn had at least 6 tanks hammering this bunch. By later turns they were in range of all my weapons on my tanks so I poured even more heat on them.

Finally in turn 5 there's no more Terminators left and wounds finally begin getting put on Abaddon. He had been heading diagonally towards one of my tanks on my left. Not sure what he had intended to do with him. Assault the tank perhaps. I didn't have any infantry there and there wasn't any objective on this flank. At long last I scored the killing blow and away went Abaddon.

So, in summation, for 5 turns Abaddon and a full retinue of Terminators got hammered by at least 6 tanks, sometimes more, sometimes contributing shots by other units in range or otherwise unoccupied. We're talking everything from battlecannons, lascannons, heavy bolters and pintle stubbers. And never where they in cover! Right in the open! Man! All that to kill him!?!

OF course I realized early on my firepower may be better spent dishing out more damage to the other two player's armies. But I was bound and determined to take out Abaddon.

Quote Originally Posted by dewisant View Post
    I'm not sure what my worst 40k moment is but I sure know what my friends is...

We play most weekend and he had never beaten my SW with his CM. One day he decided to try out Abadon.
    Having never seen what a Abadon could do I can say I pretty much got my arse handed to me by Abodon who single handedly ripped though my army.
    The only thing I had left on the board was a Wolf Guard in power armour, the soul survivor of a Grey Hunter pack and a Drop Pod.
    All he had left was weakened Abadon (1 wound remaining). Regardless, he was winning, well ahead on KP's, it was his turn 5 and he wanted pay back!

He decide that my lone wolf guard was out of assault range this turn, so he would assault the Drop Pod. Auto hitting a DP wan't too much of a task for a WS7 Abadon. He raised the deamon sword Drach'nyen above his head and......... (Now, for those that don't know, when wheedling a deamon wpn you roll a D6 and the resulting number is the amount of extra attacks you gain. However, if you roll a 1, you take a wound with no save.).........rolled a 1.

Remember, annihilation is always a victory condition!
    The Eye of Skreebo is upon ye. Skreebo expects.

Brother-Sergeant

I had one game with my Dark Angels where my dice mutinied. I wasn't just rolling failed saves, I was failing practically everything I needed to. I would fail 5/6 wound-allocated 2+ saves, and then imediately afterward fail JotWW tests.

Playing warmachine and realizing i would never completly enjoy another game of 40k again. Almost brings a tear to my eye.....and thats not sarcasm.

Getting no sleep the night before a game, and forgetting to put out a Land Raider in my list I barely lost, and would have probably taken the game if I had thought of it.

Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast