BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast

I think the lowest point for me in 40K was when my local store closed several years ago. It was the only place I had to play and I went for a couple of years getting my 40K fix online and through WD. I was so depressed 40K-wise that I didn't even do much painting. Another store where I can play has since become available that I can play at so I'm a happy boy again.

In game, my dice rolling has always been legendary in both the old store and the new store, and I don't mean in a good way. Recently I hit a new low. I had a full Assault Terminator squad that scored only two wounds on the charge (he made the invulnerable saves) and then failed the base saves (2+) on the return attacks for all but one of the termies.

This last week I had a sternguard squad that took three turns of shooting to kill a squad of scouts, due to pathetically poor rolling on my part and somewhat better than average saves by my opponent. This incident has prompted me to actually execute several dice with the other dice witnessing. The dice corpses will be put on a plinth and kept on display for the other dice when I roll. Perhaps this will counter the unwelcome manipulation of my dice by that vindictive bi-otch Karma Murphy. I really don't know what I did to earn her wrath.
    1. There are female marines and my Sunhawks will explain it to you.
    2. We are the Emperor's Children and we WILL redeem our honor.

back when i was playing tau (vs nids, crons, daemons), there was one box of gw dice I had that rolled ones, twos and threes for my to-hits and ones and twos for my saves so much I could SWEAR they were either possessed or weighted. One day, I had about enough of the consistent botch that I picked up the entire lot of GW dice, stepped outside.. and THREW them toward the ocean.

Librarian

Getting back into the game and then going 0-9-1 in my first ten games was pretty demoralising. Even the draw was only because of some insane luck on my part.
    Touched by His Noodly Appendage

my landraider was the first thing that was shot at and destroyed on the first turn.

Brother-Sergeant

1. Belial's command squad takes 6 wounds from Dire Avengers shooting... 6 1s rolled; dead squad.

2. My winged Daemon Prince with his whole set of wounds is flying towards a group of 7 Rangers in cover on the flank, I hide behind cover so they can't shoot me but I leave my side exposed to 6 Guardians (without weapon platform). I figure I might take a wound from their shooting but I'll still get to wipe out the rangers in the next turn... 6 Hits... 5 Wounds... 5 failed 3+ armor saves... *As a side note, this DP has a severed Avatar head on it's base and Eldar always seem to roll well against him...

Veteran-Sergeant

my low points??? getting awrsome vendetta killed easily along with straken. and whrn i have only 1 basuc guardsmen left the git nmever dies even if i try to kill him!!!

My lowest point had to be with the old Tyranid codex but in 5th edition. A devllfish tanks hocked my carnifex, I decided I am strength 8 or 9 (I Forget) I will death or glory. Penetrated, Rolled a 1 full wounds carnifex just insta killed.

Scout

Had a game recently with my Dark Eldar where I managed to miss with every single anti-tank shot in one turn (13 Dark lances, 6 Blasters, 2 Heat Lances). I was playing against IG...

My terminators are notorious for refusing to pass one type of save each game. They either pass 3+ to the exclusion of all else, or they roll a 2 on every. Single. Stormshield. Save. Stop it jerks, just turn the damn things on already!

Veteran-Sergeant

i deep striked 3 units of stormtroopers onto the same squad abd they all died

Chaplain

lowest: lost close to 2000pts of IG before the first turn. Dang 2ed virus bombs. Was a Multiplayer pre-apoc apoc game. Had like half a command squad, 5 or 6 las guys, and one rough rider....

highest: Sister Repentia squad destroying an Ork Gargant.

Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast