BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Chaplain

My low point: Draigo, on his last wound, killing himself on a Perils of the Wrap trying to cast hammer hands....../cry

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Grenadier View Post
    I so envy those who own Titans. They're far above my price range.
    My titan hasn't cost me more than £60 and most of that was paints and glue. Only problem is I designed it to be about 36" tall and during the build it grew to something more like 48"... Another low point of sorts!
    Always thinking 2 projects ahead of anything I've yet to finish
    http://instinctuimperator.blogspot.co.uk/

Chaplain

I have no idea how much that is in U.S. currency. I just know ordering one from Forge World would be extremely expensive for me. The only time I ordered some FW models cost me a bit more than 700 bucks. For a paltry number of Krieg models. For that much I could have bought a very good Marine force or a butt load of Cadians.

I did consider making my own Titan. But my skills are nowhere close to that kind of task.
    The Eye of Skreebo is upon ye. Skreebo expects.

Chapter-Master

About the same as buying an Ork Stompa or Imperial Guard Baneblade from GW
    Always thinking 2 projects ahead of anything I've yet to finish
    http://instinctuimperator.blogspot.co.uk/

Chaplain

Then perhaps one is not beyond my reach.

Another low point has to with the building side of the hobby:

I'll be sitting there at the table. Piles of bits before me. Tools all over. And I'll set my hobby knife down. Then when I go to use it again it's vanished!

Speaking of vanishing another low point:

I had painted a camoflage scheme so well that after a battle and my army was put away one model was missing. After a lengthy search for it and fears someone had stolen it the model was discovered. It was still sitting on a piece of terrain! Blended in perfectly that I lost it. Heck, I probably lost it during the battle and didn't realize it! Ever since then I paint all my base's rims a color corresponding to their squad.

LOL licking the Dcannon. Priceless!

A couple low points I recall (though Im sure there are more).

First apoc game ever, 3 friends and I set aside the whole day, set up an 8x6 table and played 8000pts per side. IG + Blood Angels vs Orks and my hodge podge army of GK, Eldar, Space Marines, Space Wolves and Chaos Marines (I felt like being silly)

I bust out the Stormlord super heavy tank, deployed in cover behind 2 land raiders. Lose initiative and get shot with basilisk artillery with the "if you hit all other shots hit" ammo/apoc bonus thingie.

First shot is direct hit, catastrophic result, rerolls. another 6. By the end of his shooting phase, my tank lay wasted in ruins, gaining no cover saves from the barrage weapons. 500pts worth of "never fired a single shot"ness. Ive still yet too use it in a game.

Last tourney I was in, played missile happy BT with my GK. I managed to immobilize a speeder and knock both weapons off. I then managed to pen it four times with my psyrifle dread, since I hadnt killed it yet and wanted that victory point. I rolled two 1s and two 2s....

Brother-Captain

Quote Originally Posted by SotonShades View Post
    I once threw my metal dreadnought across a gaming store. Amazingly it missed everyone and everything, but did manage to break one of the bricks of the pavement outside the front door. I'm not usually one of those gamers who falls foul of bad games, and have no idea what had gotten me so mad in that one, but I think that is a personnal low point let alone for 40k!
    When I was 13, I got so upset over a loss, I threw dice at my friend. He ducked just in time to avoid a hail of plastic cubes in his face, and I'm glad he did. If I'd hit him, I would've felt even more stupid. Man, I was a screwed up kid.

Since then, I've mellowed out about the game. I go into a battle hoping and planning to win, but expecting to lose. I think there's some Samurai addage about how if you expect to live through a battle, you will surely die, but if you expect to die, you just might live, or something like that. That attitude has actually helped me. I'm more able to analyze why I lost and make improvements to my list and tactics because I'm not upset by losing anymore, and I've actually started WINNING the occasional game!
    There is one direction: FORWARD!

Librarian

Once lost a Marine Dreadnought in assault.

To a single Genestealer. He rolled a 6 for penetration, 6 for Rending, and 6 for damage. The blast didn't even scratch him. *sigh*

Found a Dire Avenger head glued between my breasts while in the bath one evening.
    That's nothing.

I once had an ache all day Saturday in my "gentleman's area". Turned out I had a tiny piece of extremely sharp sprue that had somehow become embedded somewhere sprue should never be, and it decided to make sweet love to my most delicate bits.

It was not a pleasant sensation.

Given that I've never done converting in the nude, I still to this day have no idea how it got there. I can only assume I'm so pretty even the plastic wants me.

That's what I tell myself, anyway.

Chaplain

That takes the prize right there let me tell you. The best low point posted yet.

Dreadnoughts always are a low point for me. I love them to death. My favorite model for Marines. But since I lack drop pods for them I never deep strike them. They're always deployed and they move so slow across the battlefield. I rarely ever get them into hand to hand. On rare occasions I manage to assault a stray vehicle. Now my tactic is to use the Hellfire pattern ones with my Templars to act as mobile fire support.

Chaplain

I have a couple low pts for my BA army. 1st, i just finished painting my Capt Apheal 2nd Comapny. He played well that night taking on a 10 man marine sniper squad killing 4-5 as he charged and shot at them before being killed buy turn 3 (mind you guys no squad with him). The low pt was my lab got a hold of my models the next day and the only model he got a hold of was Capt Apheal-DEATH BY K9 Dexter unit). 2nd was deep striking my LRC and it lands in a small creek and it touches both side of the terrain, rolled a 1 and killed 450 pts (5 assualt termies 1 th/ss), i was upset that i sent my SR w/ a full sqaud of DC with dreadnought into the oppost line to destroy everyone that my termies would have killed if not for the mishap.

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast