BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Initiate
    Good question. Demons ate the Farseers and my compass broke.

I used to play 2nd Edition, and my regular gaming partner played Dark Angels. Specifically, Death Wing. Terminators galore. 3+ saves ON TWO DICE (give the save modifiers of that edition, a lascannon would be saved with a roll of 9+). That was 14 years ago. To this day he taunts me with "Watch me roll a nine".

I am quite happy to report that I have not glued anything (or lost anything) in any sensitive body parts. Or, you know, licked a D-cannon and caused an "accident"
    Last edited by The Lost Autarch; 02-27-2012 at 08:03 PM.

Chaplain

Low Points: converting a SoB Baneblade and slip with my trusty craft knife and embed it into my finger, then go for help and nearly pass out on the floor...major aversion to real blood, im one of those people who don't like real blood and get all woozy.

Another time, my SoB Dominion squad in Immolator speed upto a Ork Skullhammer with four melta weapons (3rd ed before they nurfed the rules) and found that all of them were 1 inch short. No wonder when they all got blown away by said Skullhammer.

And lastly have some snot nosed #$%@# come over to my game and while im looking away pick up my Penitant Engine and then drop it. Do any of you realise how absurdly hard they are to glue in the first place??? I nearly did my block at the kid, even his father wen't off at me, until i not so politely informed him what a D30 damage dice would do.

But to top it off the low of all low for me as a player, was when i expected a great release for Sisters of Battle, wishing we would get a real codex, new characters, units and plastic. And to find that GW could only manage a WD so called codex that made every SoB feel all fuzzy and warm with love for GW.
    "Heretics crave the cleansing fire of absolution. They need not fear, for we shall deliver"

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by MaltonNecromancer View Post
    Given that I've never done converting in the nude, I still to this day have no idea how it got there. I can only assume I'm so pretty even the plastic wants me.

That's what I tell myself, anyway.
    Never converted in the nude? Then you haven't lived my friend. Also, another possible 40k low point for me...
    Always thinking 2 projects ahead of anything I've yet to finish
    http://instinctuimperator.blogspot.co.uk/

Librarian

Once had a game in 3rd edition against eldar with my space wolves were i killed 0 and was wiped out.

Chaplain

Hobby knife accidents. All of us gamers must come to terms with these! I've had many. A great number of my models have my blood under their paint. And the pads of my thumbs are crisscrossed with scars. Some of them are wide enough little specks of shavings from mold lines have been known to collect in them. Ever dropped your hobby knife on your bare foot? It's not fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Sister Rosette Soulknyt View Post
    Low Points: converting a SoB Baneblade and slip with my trusty craft knife and embed it into my finger, then go for help and nearly pass out on the floor...major aversion to real blood, im one of those people who don't like real blood and get all woozy.

Another time, my SoB Dominion squad in Immolator speed upto a Ork Skullhammer with four melta weapons (3rd ed before they nurfed the rules) and found that all of them were 1 inch short. No wonder when they all got blown away by said Skullhammer.

And lastly have some snot nosed #$%@# come over to my game and while im looking away pick up my Penitant Engine and then drop it. Do any of you realise how absurdly hard they are to glue in the first place??? I nearly did my block at the kid, even his father wen't off at me, until i not so politely informed him what a D30 damage dice would do.

But to top it off the low of all low for me as a player, was when i expected a great release for Sisters of Battle, wishing we would get a real codex, new characters, units and plastic. And to find that GW could only manage a WD so called codex that made every SoB feel all fuzzy and warm with love for GW.
    The Eye of Skreebo is upon ye. Skreebo expects.

Once played a kill points games vs orcs killed over 90 of the suckers i got crushed, ended with zero kill points for me and like 9 for my friend.

The other was a more recent game i had a dark eldar army all loaded up against a shooty space wold army with 4 librarians with living lighting, two dreadnaughts with 2 autocannons, long fangs, leman russ and a squad of terminators. I had first turn and he seized initiative.

I took a break to get food and ate food as i watched my entire army vapourize in turn 1.

Another was the same DE army vs grey knights- he had 20 marines and two thunderhawk gunships
    by the end i had 3 models on the board and i only got one penertration hit on a gunship from 5 lances and 4 blasters.

Brother-Captain

I'd say reading the latest threads that was supposed to be on 'GW prices' was a pretty low point for 40k, and these boards, and the mods.
    DWs: Prussains. KoW: Elves WM: Khador WHFB: Dwarves WH40: IG, SM
    Games-workshop: changing the rules one new codex/army book at a time.

Third edition. I didn't play a single game until fourth edition came out, and even then it took awhile to grow on me.

5th edition Grey Knights. If you play them, you're a jerk.

People constantly telling me bikers are so great. I've played Eldar, Chaos Space Marines, Dark Eldar and Orks, and I've fielded bikers in every one of those armies on multiple occasions, and every time, they've totally sucked. Dead by turn three, never getting half their points back.

Also, people always telling me that Orks are a top tier army. I've use the same lists and tactics that are supposed to make Orks unstoppable, and they're crap! Crap!

If the Space Wolves let me down, I'm done with this hobby.

Chaplain

Go with the Imperial Guard. They have never let me down.
    The Eye of Skreebo is upon ye. Skreebo expects.

Librarian

For me, the lowest is selling off my Space wolf army to cover some bills. They were my first Marine army, and i loved em even when I lost, I always did something funny or badass with my wolf lord, like taking down a daemon prince or something. I even made a SW BFG fleet to match my 40k army, as well as a backstory

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast