BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    Chaplain

This is what safety glasses are for!
    The Eye of Skreebo is upon ye. Skreebo expects.

Chaplain

3rd edition, first doubles battle

A friend and myself (Thousand Sons and Tyranids respectively) against another friend and local member of the club (Black Templars and Imperial Guard).

It was a 4X4 board (the only one available at the time) so it weren’t ideal for a 1500pts per army game. Then the deployment rules stated (the WD carnage rules) that armies deploy in a “12 by 12 inch zone” in each corner. My nids were filled the whole thing and when the guard player got first turn he proceeded to blow away my army with his basilisks.

Tried to pry a predator turret off the rhino chassis and ended up driving the exacto knife into my finger, was never one for safety.

Was paint stripping model and accidentally dropped it back into the Nitromors paint stripper splashing my face and eyes, and it began to burn straight away. Good thing I was at a sink.

Wasted model conversions without any useable bits salvaged;

- A rhino and chimera when trying to make a half-track.

- A dreadnought that I tried to convert into a pre-heresy one (before the contemptor release).

- Two stegosauruses trying to convert a pair of Tervigons.

My greatest low though is in fantasy where I have not won a single game with my Hordes (now Warriors) of chaos. No matter what I will fail every leadership based test there is in the game. I even suffered a turn 1 loss.

It was against a friend (Skaven 6th edition book) in a 2500pts battle both armies lined up on either side of a 4x6 battlfield. My friend gets to go first and moves forward and then casts Warp Lightning on 9+ dealing 12 wounds to my non-armored marauders, they take a panic test – failed. The other marauders and the chaos warriors take a test – also failed. And each one after another a unit flees the board due to units fleeing from other units. Haven’t played with them since.
    Step forth and be recognized.
    No mercy. No pity. No hope.

Veteran-Sergeant
    Leicester, United Kingdom, United Kingdom

Quote Originally Posted by SotonShades View Post
    Wha... ou... why.. ho... eh? I think we have found a winner/loser!?!
    Haha, definitely loser.

I was super glueing some stuff together on the kitchen table (no idea what it was... lost in time etc) as I leaned back to yawn, I also rubbed my eyes since it was late at night, as you do.

I didn't realize I still had a bit of super glue on my hand as I rubbed my hand and tada - my eye glued shut.

I have never moved as fast as that day when I ran to the bathroom.
    I splashed water on my eye before realizing that actually speeds up the setting process. But luckily there must be some chemical in eye fluid/tears that dissolves the super glue? They prized apart after 30 seconds of panicking.

Didn't bother seeking medical attention.
    Still have 20:20 vision to this day.

I wouldn't try it again though

Chaplain

OUCH, that sounded like it hurt, glad no serious damage done there. BA83

Chaplain

I'm loathe to share my lowest of the low points in my 40k experience.

Early on into the hobby I had tried to teach my cretin step-brother how to play. We had a few games for some months. My step-brother is the stereotypical redneck. So 40k was more than way over his head. And like many a redneck he had a disgusting habit. He loves to dip. And he'd always put a mammoth "chaw" of it in his maw. This of course left tobacco residue on his fingers which in turn would be left on his models. And throughout the battle he'd spit the juice into an empty pop can. Unfortunately his chosen can was the same brand I drink: Coke.

One night during a battle I grabbed for my Coke and took a swig. To my horror it was not my Coke. It was his tobacco spit!

I instantly reacted and spewed this foulness across the table. It rained down like some foul plague on his models. I was so enraged by this that it led to a fight. I had the same righteous fury a Space Marine would have. Otherwise my butt would have been kicked. For I'm a man of slight stature. And he is over 6 foot tall and had easily 100 pounds over me. But being fueled by divine rage ensured that even little ol' me stomped a mud hole in him and walked it dry.

And after that a new rule was implemented: no beverages, bottles, cans, of any kind were ever allowed on the table during battle again.

Occuli Imperator

Ewwww.

That is wrong

Chaplain

Man it was the single most horrifying moment of my entire life. To get a mouthful of someone's tabacco juice infused saliva. I felt traumatized, violated, and disgusted all at once. And when hit with such powerful negative sensations all at once leads to unbridled rage. Why, in my mind that horror was enough to justify his execution.

Iron Father

Wanting to play Orks and realising just how many models I would have to paint
    http://paintingplasticcrack.blogspot.co.uk

Chaplain

I sure have a soft spot for the Orks. I only ever got to battle them one time. But they were fun to kill. And the only thing keeping me from doing an Ork army is the sheer numbers of them I'd need. But it's my opinion that no other army has as much color and character as the Orks. They just ooze attitude. Even their vehicles. Which normally any vehicle is rather characterless in my opinion. Even in the Space Marine video game the Orks were dripping in that personality unique to them. I loved the warboss in that game.

Chaplain

Hum so many of these but first I'll share on that didn't happened to me, a guy was playing his Eldar against orcs and rolled so bad he took his scatter die and tossed it against the table, it bounced and deflected off the back wall, followed by a table, however it bounced off the table at the right angle to take out the ceiling light bulb and the whole fixture cracked, and fell on his head. I'd have to sat showing up to a tournament without my army, I had everything else but the models themselves, I was auto-disqualified and my partner never forgave me. It was disappointing cause I literally lived 10 minutes from the store and the tourny wasn't set to start for an hour they where just signing people in and setting up armies for voting.
    Battle Sisters Record 2012 2/0/0
    Empire Record 2012 1/0/3

Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast