BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
    Scout

Not getting enough games in with my primary opponent (son) who has moved on to girls, work, and college (in that order).

Battle-Brother

My friend has been playing for about 8 years. He doesn't know how to play noncompetitively. Basically on myself and my friend who are new to the hobby, he doesn't know how to show mercy. This is frustrating.

My lowest point was watching Kharn died in a death and glory to a rhino.......

Encountering 2nd Ed and onwards and being saddened at the dumbing down of the 40K rules set.

Still yet to play a game of 40K since 2nd Ed.

In all honesty should be a low point, but I just find it highly amusing. My Black Legion against my buddy's Black Templars, around the end of 3rd edition (Black codex for Chaos, still in Armageddon for Black Templars). "Low point" comes when I kill 1100pts. of my own army in a single turn.

Have a Chaos Lord in Termie Armor and Mass Mutation attached to a 9 man Terminator squad, who proceeds to successfully cast Mass Mutation and roll a 1. Alright, not good but shouldn't be too bad. Then proceed to roll nine out of ten 1's for the squad to see who becomes a chaos spawn and dies, including the Chaos Lord. Well that sucked, but I still have 2 dreads, a bike squad and 2 foot squads (bet you can see where this is going). Both dreads Fire Frenzy, one putting 2 plasma cannons into my bike squad, killing all but 2 who then proceed to run away and the other decimating one of the foot squads.

At that point, I was an easy mop up for the horde of very angry Marines. I would of been upset but honestly it ended up being so crazy that we both couldn't help but laugh, and while he doesn't play anymore and I've long moved on to other armies we both can still sit there and have a chuckle about it.

Chaplain

Not so much a low point in a game but rather when building vehicles:

Assembling a tank only to discover I've put the tracks on backwards. Even worse when its a land raider and part of the hull covers the treads.
    The Eye of Skreebo is upon ye. Skreebo expects.

Veteran-Sergeant

having my house burn up and destroying my huge catachan army and sweet jungle terrain (that codex was a blast!) and my growing DE kabal, which put me out of the hobby for 4 years till my friends convinced me to get back in... picked up a SW battle force off ebay an been playing them for about 8 years now... man, just writing that makes me want to start a new army!!

oh and i played a game against nids last weekend and didnt nullify a single psychic power with two rune priests... seriously bad dice rolling, i ultimately lost the game by a wide margin

Chaplain

Damn that sucks man. A house fire is a fear of mine and not just because of my models. And it doesn't help that I live in an apartment with neighbors. On one side I have a drug dealer. On the other side I have drug addicts. And such people in their drug addled state could easily do something stupid. It'd be one thing if the fire broke out in my place. But if it did in another apartment and burned up mine I'd be furious.
    The Eye of Skreebo is upon ye. Skreebo expects.

Scout

Watching my Big Mek catapult himself into assault with Abaddon and a Squad of Chaos Termies. I do like the Shokk Attack gun, but it's moments like that which make me think I could spend the points better.

Or when I used to play Tau, on turn 1, having an incredibly lucky Basalisk shell scatter from my Crisis Suits and onto my Ethereal, blowing him into teeny tiny pieces. (Never play a fluffy Tau Army)

Although this could be a crowning moment of awesome for my opponent, watching a squad of Stormtroopers survive for three turns in combat against a 20 man mob of Boyz, killing 16 of them, including the Nob, was pretty hard to watch, especially as them getting tarpitted by a 10 man unit deprived me of a valuable unit :L

Brother-Sergeant

My lowest point and probably most 'how did that happen' moment was a tooled up Archon dying to a squad of Fire Warriors in combat and I charged!!!!

Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast