BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

10 gaunts charge into my squad of 5 terminators.

I laugh as I began to roll my saves which becomes a : as I realise all of them are dead.

My friend charging his Doom of Malantai into my IG blob (50+ strong, commisar with power weapon, all Sgts with power weapons) and them proceeding to lose combat over and over for 4 turns before they went and lost combat for the last time and got run down....great job guys

Charged a unit of three ork warbikers with a 6-man unit of genestealers with toxin sacs. Four assault phases later, no casualties on either side.

Sometimes I hate dice.

Occuli Imperator

Fearless troops taking casualties when beaten in combat, but stubborn troops passing their leadership test and not taking any...

Playing a whole game where I literally did not roll higher than a 3.

Fail 1

Back in 2nd edition, my newly painted chaplain in terminator armour got run over by a rhino. This involved:

Him failing his initiative test on 1d6 (so rolling a 6)

Rhino wounding him on a 3 or 4+ on 1d6 (I forget which)

Failing an armour save of 4+ or 5+ on 2d6 (terminator armour was a 3+ save on 2 dice in those days, but most weapons modified your save)

Failing his rosarius save on a 4+ on 1d6 (I'm not sure if was his rosarius or some sort of other field - my mind may be clouded here)

Him rolling a d3 for wounds and getting a 3.

I was an unhappy bunny. My mind still boggles at how this happened.

Fail 2 (though this is Warhammer Fantasy)

I was playing Warhammer Siege in a Mighty Empires campaign and I had chaos dwarves. I had assembled a perfect (so I thought) castle smashing force consisting of 2 earthshaker cannons and three deathrockets, together with some elite infantry. In my first firing phase, everything misfired. Yes, everything. But it doesn't end there. 4 of the five machines blew up, and the remaining cannon missed its next turn firing. That misfire dice was never seen again...

The castle never did fall, though in the same campaign I managed to kill a chaos lord in the first shot of the game with a (working) death rocket. Look out sir... oops...

Still in that campaign, my general was engaged in the final battle to storm the Chaos's capital city walls. The battle was won for the chaos dwarfs, but a few troops remained for the chaos, including his tzeentch sorceror. With the sorceror's last gasp before he was cut up he managed to turn my genera (i.e. the guy in charge of all of my armies in the campaign) to chaos spawn. My general had survived something like 5 battles (and the whole campaign) up until that point...
    Last edited by Vashtek; 03-06-2012 at 08:48 AM.

Hmmm...
    3rd ed Fantasy Battles - I once buried my chaos sorcerer into a foam hill with my palm because my opponent used the staff of Nurgle on my General then bolt of change on my sorcerer. I lost both in the same turn.

3rd ed Fantasy battles: Arnizipal's black horror wiped out my chaos army in 2 turns. ( I stupidly set up "on the line".)

I once backed over my case of paints with my car....fortunately I didn't break any paint pots.

2nd ed 40K: Confused primer for clear coat when I went to seal my Kharn the Betrayer. 6 hours of work down the drain.

3rd ed 40K: Primered a unit of Guardians back in the day when plastic guardians just came out. It was humid. Primer got all powdery. Tossed the models in the trash. This was before I knew about Simple Green.

5th ed 40k: As I was clear coating my Devastators I dropped them on my back step. Models broke. Missile launchers and marine parts scattered all over the grass. It took me 30 minutes to find them all.

5th ed 40k: Clear coating my Death Co. and their Dread on a hot and humid day. Coat was a little foggy. Freaked out untilI was able to use GW Gloss Varnish to fix it and re-coat.
    Last edited by pathwinder14; 03-06-2012 at 09:23 AM.
    "Wisdom means having the ability to admit what you do not know."

Quote Originally Posted by Grenadier View Post
    My greatest low point is simply not having anyone to play the game with.
    This. My low point was forcing my little sister to play a 400 point game with me because I hadn't played for a year and a half after moving across the country.

Since then I still haven't played, but I occupy my hobby needs by painting and building campaign ideas I may or may not ever play.

Ahh well...

Scout

My low point is a little different, Back in 1991 I had the opportunity to buy a full Squat Army cheap, and decided against it. I have been banging my head against a wall ever since.

Chaplain

I just discovered a low point. It seems all of my Black Templar infantry are without arms. Months ago for a battle I decided to swap some stuff around and make new kinds of units and reorganize my army. But apparently I forgot to go back and replace what I took from the infantry. And now with a possible battle coming this weekend I've got even more work to do to get ready. Repair all my Templars, do lists for them and my Guard, and if there's time left convert some old Chaos termies into Templar termies.
    The Eye of Skreebo is upon ye. Skreebo expects.

Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast