BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast
    Battle-Brother

A unit of five Necron Destroyers take five wounds, I rolled five ones for their armor saves, only unit of Destroyers I had on the board.

Whirlwind survived a carnifex attack so I decide to shoot a unit of gaunts roughly 12" away. Rolled max scatter back onto the whirlwind, rolled max penetration and a six for the result. I imagine the carnifex was laughing heartily at that. (This one was a few codexes ago.)

Recently completed Landraider first time out shoots at a Leman Russ and misses then gets blown up by an IG missile team.

Current low point is not being interested in the game at all for the past few months, new Necron codex sparked some interest then this was countered by cost of mini's/time to get them table-ready and lack of people to play against.
    Corny faith and musty sorcery are no match for a good Gauss blaster.

Brother-Sergeant

I jumped a lone space marine scout (with a shotgun) with 5 mandrakes. He killed them all, and continued to skulk around, avoiding getting killed by various potshots from other units, for the entire game.

Chaplain

I call that a "most valuable model." Often in a game I'll have a model truly stand out. Sometimes its a character. Other times its not. And its mostly luck that made it stand out. In one game I had my commander on a bike take out an entire command squad of Dark Angels plus some fancy character they get. He then went on to wipe out the remainder of a tactical squad that had been shot up. And after all that he was working on killing another tactical squad. But the game ended early so who knows. This miracle was a combination of the wargear given to the character and lucky dice for me. Not so lucky dice for my opponent.
    The Eye of Skreebo is upon ye. Skreebo expects.

Where to start? The fact that I spent almost $80 on a single squad of guardsmen from Forge World? Or maybe in actual games that I've played.

I've had one turn where I literally missed with ever single shot that I fired. That's fire from a Russ, a Valkyrie, 2 Veteran Weapon Teams, and 2 Sentinels. My guardsmen weren't even in range.

Maybe the game where I was tabled by the end of turn 4, and the only casualties I inflicted the entire game GOT BACK UP. My friend literally made every single armour save or Regen Protocols roll on his Immortals, and the only permanent things that entire game were 2 sounds on a Wraith. I almost wanted to quit 40k for a while after that game.

I've had games where I roll so poorly for reserves the game is over before they come in. I've had games where I've never rolled a hit on the scatter die. I've had games where every single move into terrain for vehicles rolls a 1 for the dangerous terrain test.

I've had a Veteran squad with an attached Lord Commissar throw a demo charge, scatter back into the unit, kill a couple guys, they fail their morale test and Sgt. Bastonne gets executed by the L.C., then the L.C. fails her leadership and the whole damn squad runs right off the board.

I lost a healthy mega armored warboss to a single guardsmen. When I pulled the boss off the table it slipped from my hand and my custom built boss broke in to several pieces.

My SAG mek rolled double 1s in either the first or second turn in 6 of the first 8 games I used him. One of those games was a team game where I not only took my own mek and lootas out of the game but my teams basilisk and devastator squad too.

I tend to find "massively unlucky dice" moments to be hilarious, rather than low points. Like the time I finally rolled a double-6 for my Shokk Attack Gun, only to scatter onto my other Big Mek; or the time my Warboss and Captain Stern slugged it out for an entire game without either ever successfully wounding the other; or the time when the boyz driving my Looted Wagon hit the wrong button, sending it 12" straight into the back of a Trukk, destroying the boomgun and sending the trukk kareening backwards-and-sideways into the Lootas, who passed their morale check and then all got killed by the explosion. I'm still not sure who was laughing harder when the dust settled, my opponent or myself.

Now the actual low point would have to be when I superglued my hand to my desk. I didn't have any solvent (still don't, actually... I never learn) so the only thing to do was pull away and leave a layer of skin stuck to it...

No, wait, I tell a lie, that's hilarious in hindsight. No, the low point was when I found out the Inquisition were moving to Grey Knights only. My poor Witch Hunters...

First-Captain

My 40k low point?

The release of third edition.

Though it's been getting better since then.

Dunno if its my lowest moment but close. I was one move away from tournament winning. I shot the Shokk Attack gun and it scattered over some enemies. Good, right? But wait! I had an ammo runt and wanted that commander dead! So re-roll city and it scatters completely off target.

We tally points. If I had killed even a couple lads in that first unit, I would have gotten full points and a win and probably the tourney. Instead we had a draw and I got zippo! Wooo! Orky thinking gets me every time...

Battle-Brother

I a game the other day, I had a unit of nine Thousand Son shot by Bolt pistols from an Assault Squad. Ten shots, 8 wounds....I needed threes to save. Rolled 7 1's and 2's. Those dice now litter the yard!

Had a buddy during an Apoc game, deep strike his Necron Lord on Destroyer Body with a unit of six heavy destroyers. The next turn throws a Vortex Grenade and it scatters back onto them and wipes the unit out, Lord included. That was funny stuff since he was on the other team!

Had a group of 5 assault marines make a tactical retreat... right off of the edge of the board. They were prior to that doing quite well, I just wanted to get the extra shooting phase the turn after.

Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast