BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast
    Veteran-Sergeant

Kharne should have a new mini with him sporting a commissars hat. And have a new rule called 'I'm the commissar now'

I cannot wait to see some Chaos love. Chaos is the one army that I have always wanted to collect, but have never liked the rules. An updated codex with some new models to support an already nice looking range would probably make me take the plunge and blow a few hundred on them. I cannot wait.

Speaking of wanting to blow my money on plastic-crack, is there any news of additions to the Ork lines? A new buggy model? Mega Nobs that do not weigh five pounds?

Battle-Brother

Mostly I just want to be able to build a better and more flavorful Nurgle-only list. I still restrict my squad sizes to multiples of 7. I'd like to get a bit more of the flavor they stripped away from Chaos back into my lists. So if I can finally give my vehicles Nurgle upgrades, that will be amazing.

I've never really like the Raptors models, and rules-wise I was confused when they decided to take Hit & Run away from them. Oh well, it sounds like I may be able to go with Nurgle-marked Chaos assault marines? I'd be cool with that. And they'd be fun to convert.

If the 4 waves rumor is true a lot of chaos love is coming our way, I just hope there is not much finecast included ¬¬

Quote Originally Posted by Elahir View Post
    If the 4 waves rumor is true a lot of chaos love is coming our way, I just hope there is not much finecast included ¬¬
    Yeah,but 4 waves of Chaos love could be months or years apart, if recent release schedules are any indicator. Lots of finecast would definitely be a drag, for sure.

I have a sneaking suspicion that we will see Thousand Sons and Noise Marines in finecast. Probably in sets of five too.

I'm hoping for some bezerkers riding jugernaughts!

Veteran-Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Nutsy View Post
    are you kidding? 40k would be nothing without its 3+ powah armour powah fist powah hammah noobarmy.

drawbacks? weaknesses? nah. can't have that.
    lol i need to invest in some bread and cheese to go with all the whine coming from the marine haters
    because french dinner is awesome.

but tau really need a new dex, if only so the forums can rant about how nerfcheesy it is.

Hopefully a Chaos Marine Codex is imminent, with the mix of new models and options that'll make the old fans rejoice, and draw in new players. Can only be good for the game to get a wider selection of models and armies available to play against. My only concern is with release schedules and waves. I worry that we'll see a return to a structure with less frequent codex releases, or ones with less new models/units, due to the whole Chapterhouse saga. GW may well decide that leaving great gaping holes in a Codex, in terms of units, is a bad idea, when you've gone and defined their rules and aesthetic. It leaves a gap for other companies to profit from any delay in bringing the models out, and people complain when they have to wait years for the models that they want. It's possible that they might just go for more timely wave releases, but that would tie up production capacity, reducing either the number of new models/units in each new codex, or make the codexes less frequent.
    Or they could just add models to published codices with an increase in WD/PDF published units which can be released with the models (like the Terrorgheist) in lieu of gaps & waves... Which would be pain to keep track of..."Ah yes, but these are the new models, from last month's White Dwarf, and they have these rules..."
    Guess we'll have to wait and see

I'd love to see this. Maybe even have a way to use my horrors with some new Thousand Sons... they would be my first marines, if I got to use some of my daemons with them in a way that made sense.

Librarian

Well, seems that:

- In 2012 we´ll see new paint range, Chaos and Dark Angels Codex, and in the latter maybe some Black Templars, after the 6th Edition Basic Box.

- In 2013, we´ll see Vanilla Codex, maybe Orks, Tau and surely Eldar
    Lord Macragge and wielder of the Ultramar´s Gauntlets

Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast