BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Default Rumours: What's next

From WArseer:
    Quote Originally Posted by Stickmonkey View Post
    So my snitches have passed along a few bits.

Up next for 40k sounds like may timeframe for a chaos codex. Rumored to expand upon 4 major legions.

New plastics

Chaos dread.

New plastic raptors

New plastic plague bearers

New character sculpts, not sure if abaddon is included...

I think most if not all of this has been mentioned before.

On top of this, I'm hearing there will be a few blister releases for other armies between now and summer. Even with WFB likely to take the spotlight in April, I'm being told to expect 2-3 blisters for 40k.

Likely candidates include missing characters for Nids, Necrons, DE. All of which have sculpts ready.

Cheers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Max Jet
    Since you are here I would like to ask you one question again. What was this Tyranid thingy you interpreted as a Tyrannofex. The Creature who didn't look at all like the Tervigon (Since the Tyrannofex turned out to be almost the exact same thing, this leaves a couple of questions)
    Quote Originally Posted by Stickmonkey
    That, my friend, is the million dollar question...
    Quote Originally Posted by Stickmonkey
    Enough idle wish listing, though. I've got another bit on the rb/starter. Not sure where this fits, but I've got some new info on "emplacements" (their word) being part of 6th and a kit (or kits) being developed. No other details. could be another bastion style model. Could be something else entirely. One rumor I'm hearing consistently is that the amount of effort being put into cranking out fantasy terrain is getting focused towards 40k to show it some more love.

I do expect 2 codex updates by year end, even with the 6ed release tossed in the year.
    Last edited by eldargal; 02-28-2012 at 01:37 AM.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Chapter-Master

I do hope that Chaos get some plastic love. Not a Chaos player myself (yet... there are always plans!) but it would deffinitely be more interesting to see some more varied chaos armies and poses within units.

Also intruiged by these "emplacements"... hoping they will be fun!
    Always thinking 2 projects ahead of anything I've yet to finish
    http://instinctuimperator.blogspot.co.uk/

Every time I see a rumor about DE blisters I break out into fear sweat.

I don't know the extent of the impotent rage that will boil out of me if they ever actually waste a release slot on a Decrapinator blister.

I might go insane.

I'm hoping for Vect. That's the only one I really care about. I'm sure other people want a Sliscus or a Baron, but meh...conversions for them are so easy.

Chapter-Master

Sounds interesting, and look forward to seeing what we get

DE need only SC and the Voidraven now. Could we get....shock....a Summer of Fliers with DE and Necrons, and fliers in the 6th ed rules?

As for the Decapitator...he sucks now. Wait till 6th ed rules roll round before we judge if a model is a waste of time....
    Autarch, Shas'o, Chaos Lord and Decadant Lord of the Webway. And a Doctor!
    http://drlove42.blogspot.com/

Chapter-Master

Don't mention SOF again... you'll get people's hopes up! If it didn't happen last year with all the rumours flying about then, I doubt it'll happen this year at the same time as an Edition release
    Always thinking 2 projects ahead of anything I've yet to finish
    http://instinctuimperator.blogspot.co.uk/

Chaplain

Yep, everything Stick Monkey lists there matches what I am hearing too, except I have Chaos more likely June than May, but Q2 is what keeps being bandied about so May is as good as any other month.

I know of a couple of character models being released around the same time as 6th edition.

Apparently we will also be drip fed little bits every month to keep up interest in 40K for the anniversary year.

I don't know if that just means a blister or too, or small waves every month but I have been told all 40K players should be kept happy in one way or another this year.

And I would love to say something about Summer of Flyers, but I can't.

These rumours are actually something of a relief for me. I was dreading a month of nothing but Chaos Marines. They are an army I have the least interest in, apart from Thousand Sons. Throw in a few other things, especially DE, and I'll be much happier whatever month it comes. A Voidraven would be nice.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Chaplain

Don't quote me on this, but I wouldn't get your hopes up for the Voidraven this year, but more than likely Summer 2013.

However expect releases for several other armies this year, albeit not full waves (as far as I know)

The Voidraven as I am able to gather was supposedly DUE during Christmas (my LGS told me that).

Now though I don't have any idea.

At this point I don't really care about any other army. I've got just about everything I could want from my 4 other armies except for some proper Herald of Slaanesh chariots. I just want some decent and new models along with a few optiosn in the codex which doesn't seem likely at this point. Maybe in 2016 or so when we are looking at the end of a new code codex cycle.

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast