BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

brb pp.50

These powers vary from race to race and sometimes from one individual psyker to another. The psychic powers availale to our models are not discussed further here, but are described in detail in the Codexes, where you will find complete rules for individual powers.

codex GK pp.51

Only one Psychic Barrage is 'fired', regardless of the number of psykers in the squad. All psykers in the same unit are treated as a single psyker for the purposes of Pshchic tests, ets, and use their own Leadership value, not that of any attached characters.

Psychers have psychic power, a squad of psykers counts as a single psyker... please explain how you have a leg to stand on. This is about as clear cut as you can get.

The Culexus assassin one of few thing left to be cleared up for the GK.
    So the consensus here is that psykers battle squads only count as one psykers
    So it follows that GK squads with brotherhood of psykers also only count as one per squad. With independent character with mastery levels, and vehicle with the psychic pilot rule adding another one to the total.
    The real unanswered one is where or not daemonhost still count as psykers as they did in the last edition.

A demon host does not have a psychic shooting attack, nor any psychic powers. They operate like demons and are wierd effects that count as shooting attacks.

Quote Originally Posted by burning crome View Post
    The Culexus assassin one of few thing left to be cleared up for the GK.
    So it follows that GK squads with brotherhood of psykers also only count as one per squad. With independent character with mastery levels, and vehicle with the psychic pilot rule adding another one to the total.
    The real unanswered one is where or not daemonhost still count as psykers as they did in the last edition.
    GK Vehicles don't count. That's in the FAQ that GK vehicles, that can use Psychic powers and can suffer perils as per Psykers etc don't count as Psykers outside of using their powers, all because the GK players *****ed about their vehicles being vulnerable to anti psyker abilities etc. To me they count as Psykers when casting but not in other situations.

Chapter-Master

The codex explicitly states this, so the consensus better be this.

So it follows that GK squads with brotherhood of psykers also only count as one per squad.
    GK squads only count as one psyker, but not because of this logic here. They count as one psyker because, completely independently of the battle psyker rules, the Brotherhood of Psykers rule explicitly states that they only count as one psyker.

Why would rules from last edition have any bearing on the current rules? Do daemonhosts have any psychic powers, or any rule that states they are a psyker? No? Then they aren't.
    I am the Hammer. I am the right hand of my Emperor. I am the tip of His spear, I am the gauntlet about His fist. I am the woes of daemonkind. I am the Hammer.

Brother-Captain

Quote Originally Posted by Sonikgav View Post
    GK Vehicles don't count. That's in the FAQ that GK vehicles, that can use Psychic powers and can suffer perils as per Psykers etc don't count as Psykers outside of using their powers, all because the GK players *****ed about their vehicles being vulnerable to anti psyker abilities etc. To me they count as Psykers when casting but not in other situations.
    I didn't see that in the quick glance I took at the GK FAQ. Could you point it out?

I cant find it either but i know i read it in there.....thats odd.

Everyone was complaining that Mindstrike Missiles or the Dark Eldar Psyker Death thingy were taking out Land Raiders etc too easily so it was mentioned. Now im confused.

Brother-Sergeant

I don't know what the other "thingy" is but mind strike missiles are S,4. and strength 6 with no saves against psykers so the most armour it can penetrate is 11,glance 12. land raiders are invulnerable against them.

What are you on about

There was something, i think in the Dark Eldar codex that automatically makes all Psykers take a perils hit which i think is what Mindstrikes do too. The GK vehicle would then take a Perils hit etc.

Chapter-Master

I believe that you're looking for the Doom of Malan'tai ruling, from the 'nidz FAQ. IIRC, they specify GK vehicles don't count as psykers so they don't have to worry about that whole mess.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucian Kain View Post
    I don't know what the other "thingy" is but mind strike missiles are S,4. and strength 6 with no saves against psykers so the most armour it can penetrate is 11,glance 12.
    Wrong, actually. They're only ever Str 4. Perils of the Warp does not have a strength value, it simply automatically wounds. 4th ed was like four years ago.
    I am the Hammer. I am the right hand of my Emperor. I am the tip of His spear, I am the gauntlet about His fist. I am the woes of daemonkind. I am the Hammer.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast