BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Pets and 40k

Chaplain

Default Pets and 40k

I'm curious. No doubt many of you have pets. Hopefully more cats than dogs. After all cat lovers are people of fine and noble character. But anyway, I have a few thoughts and questions:

Any funny stories of your pet and your game? Like did your dog ever snatch a Marine to chomp? Or cat leap onto the table and rampage through the battle like a furry squiggoth?

And some people seem to think your choice of pet reflects certain things about you as a person. Such as character traits. And if this is true could it also reflect upon your choice of army or how you play the game?

I have a cat myself. His Furry Majesty Skreebo. Skreebo the Splendid. And while he delights in trampling my manly bits every time he sits in my lap he's never once laid a paw on my models. I have many of them sitting on my table and they're left out for days and days on end. Secure in the knowledge Skreebo won't decide to bat a poor Guardsmen around until he loses it under the fridge.
    The Eye of Skreebo is upon ye. Skreebo expects.

I've used my pet african bullfrog as a counts-as Great Unclean One sometimes. It works best when he is asleep. Actually once he really got into the spirit of it and regurgitated his lunch on some Blood Angels.

Then sometimes he acts as a spontaneous Orbital Bombardment which is only amusing when he lands on other peoples models.

I have a cat, too. He used to take an interest in miniatures and such (going to sleep on them) but for the past few years his energy has been taken up with miraculously surviving three kidney failures and coming back to life once and scaring the hell out of the vet. I'm not making this up.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

my kitten Smudge tried to eat a half-painted guardsmen last night...

Consensus suggests that cats count as squiggoths

Chapter-Master

I've got a pic somewhere of my praying mantis (Manty - original i know)reading WD before he died....
    And Snowy (black hamster) used to chew anything left within reach of the cage, mostly WH chaos warrior swords, when she was alive....

However the process of robo-insemination is far too complex for the human mind!
    A knee high fence, my one weakness

My cat (Mr. Plato Snapdragon) only gets involved in apoc. games. During which he likes to charge his girth back and two across the battle lines. He also enjoys shedding all over my freshly primed models.
    PhillCo. Heavy Industries "Crushing the World one step at a time"

Chapter-Master

My sisters cat (I'm not allowed to call it our cat. Things get thrown at me...) often likes to curl up with her face in white dwarf, especially if the Standard Bearer page is left open. Other than that she hates the hobby; the slightest smell of spraypaints appear to be her worst nightmare, and she wont come in to the house unless it's very dark outside. Odlly, even when I've been spraying in the garden!
    Always thinking 2 projects ahead of anything I've yet to finish
    http://instinctuimperator.blogspot.co.uk/

Chaplain

That's a cat with a hell of a will to live Eldargal!

What a coinkydink Sneakyben. I had a kitten named smudge. Sadly my ex-fiance killed him by leaving him in the car on a very hot day.

These are great stories. Keep 'em coming please.

When I'm working on models Skreebo often is laying upon one of his several thrones watching me. With that look of disdain on his face that only cats excel at.
    The Eye of Skreebo is upon ye. Skreebo expects.

Quote Originally Posted by eldargal View Post
    I've used my pet african bullfrog as a counts-as Great Unclean One sometimes. It works best when he is asleep. Actually once he really got into the spirit of it and regurgitated his lunch on some Blood Angels..
    We NEED pictures.

Librarian

My chocolate lab tried smelling my squad of space wolves once, and got one stuck up her nose. After that she now stays away from any miniatures.

Librarian

My dog Harley, when he was just a pup, found one of my imperial guard dozer blades to his liking and chewed it to pieces. It's now a feature on the base of my scythed hierodule, it looks suitably mangled.

Although he has chewed my Inquisitor model of Simian (how spiky!) to pieces, which i still havent replaced
    Conscription in the Lucky 88th
    http://lucky88th.blogspot.com

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast