BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Pets and 40k

Chapter-Master

My cat enjoys jumping on the table and demanding to be stroked while I'm trying to paint. She once knocked over a pot, stomped in it and put paw prints all over the table before I could grab her. Luckily I got her before she hit the carpet. And my dog once got hold of my Tyranid codex and ate the front cover. The rest was left miraculously intact.
    Chief Educator of the Horsemen of Derailment "People demand freedom of speech to make up for the freedom of thought, which they avoid." SOREN KIERKEGAARD

My cat like to hop up on my desk while my back is turned, ninja style, and drink all of my paint water, then disappear before I turn back. Glad the paints are nontoxic, but I can't imagine they taste good.

Brother-Captain

2 cats. One likes to knock miniatures onto the floor - the other likes to bat them under the couch. I think its a team effort to ensure I spend more time on their level.
    DWs: Prussains. KoW: Elves WM: Khador WHFB: Dwarves WH40: IG, SM
    Games-workshop: changing the rules one new codex/army book at a time.

Chaplain

I suppose I should be glad Skreebo has no interest in my hobby.
    The Eye of Skreebo is upon ye. Skreebo expects.

Veteran-Sergeant

My family has a pet tortoise, originally given to my great-grandfather in 1932. Despite his age, he's still very active and when I started playing Rogue Trader would rampage across the battlefield causing havoc to both sides.

He also managed to destroy the Blood Bowl polystyrene pitch by digging his claws into it and trying to burrow...

I will also confess to regularly balancing Space Orks or RTB01 Space Marines on his shell and using him as an impromptu vehicle. And occasionally as a super-Gargant in original Epic.

Brother-Sergeant

I have 2 cats and 3 dogs. 3 large dogs at that.

Funnily, the dogs have never done anything to my miniatures, but the cats....

One of our cats, Akira, is not particularly smart. If he jumps up on a table that has one thing sitting on it, in a sea of empty space, he will still land on the object.

He is also a rather jumpy, anxious cat (even before the dogs).

You can see how this goes when he decides to jump up on the gaming table mid-game... Many a game has been ruined by him running through knocking everything over.

He also has a taste for paint brushes, but only brand new ones it seems. He loves chewing my new, expensive brushes.

Our other cat, Kenji, likes to swat dice when you roll them. So, if you a rolling a stack of dice and he happens to be next to the dice box or table, he will paw at the dice, usually before you have a chance to tell what you have rolled. Unless you roll a 6. Then you will see it, and he will hit it over to something more to his liking, say a 1 (this has happened a few times).

I know cocked dice are covered in the rule book, but what about cat influenced dice?

Ah, the joys of living with animals.

(p.s. I'll post a great pic of Akira as the Hive Mind later on, as it's on my ladies' computer).

Daemon-Prince

funny enough my cat is afraid of the mini's.....The dog on the other hand has developed a taste for spacemarines.........I am starting to suspect she is a tyranid.

Chaplain

I have a 2 yr 8 month old black lab who killed my BA Capt Apheal after he played a great game that night.

Brother-Sergeant

Here is Akira - Destroyer of Worlds.

Caption could read:

"From the Warp, The Hive Mind appears..."

Or, alternatively:

"I disapprove of your unfinished models"

We all knew this thread would descend into pictures of cats, right?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Akira - Destoryer of Worlds.jpg 
Views:	105 
Size:	98.8 KB 
ID:	1670  

Chaplain

I was hoping it would. Just as a long for Games Workshop to develop an army based on cats.
    The Eye of Skreebo is upon ye. Skreebo expects.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast