BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Chapter-Master

Default Warhammer Forge- Werewolfs and frogs

Like the title says.

Werewolves
    [url]http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/Warhammer/Warhammer_Monsters/SKIN-WOLVES.html[/url]

Frogs
    [url]http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/New_Stuff/ARCANE_FROGS.html[/url]

Boom

Edit: Actually the title says werewolfs due to Friday evening brain malfunction, but you get the point
    Last edited by Wildeybeast; 03-02-2012 at 11:40 AM.
    Chief Educator of the Horsemen of Derailment "People demand freedom of speech to make up for the freedom of thought, which they avoid." SOREN KIERKEGAARD

I need those Werewolves!

Chapter-Master

I think they have done quite a nice job on them, though they perhaps lack a 'warhamer' feel for me, quite generic. I love the frogs.
    Chief Educator of the Horsemen of Derailment "People demand freedom of speech to make up for the freedom of thought, which they avoid." SOREN KIERKEGAARD

Brother-Captain

I don't think much of the frogs myself, but the Werewolves (or Skin Wolves as FW calls them) are rather nice models. I quite like their description too:

When this horror is unleashed, there is no mere transformation from man into beast; instead a great humanoid wolf-thing bursts fully-formed from the body of the human. Lean and half-insane with Chaos-tainted hunger, the Skin Wolf is so-named for the scraps and tatters of flesh and chunks of gristle that cling to its hulking frame; all that remains of the human form it once bore. Only once battle is spent and their voracious hunger sated will the transformation be reversed, the flesh of the Skin Wolf collapsing into a pallid and terrible mass from which the human must tear itself free

It would seem that whoever wrote that has been watching the Van Helsing movie, because the werewolves in that tear themselves out of their human host when they transform. Which is pretty cool!
    Either there is life in the universe more intelligent than us, or we are the most intelligent form of life in the universe. Either way, it's a worrying thought!

Chapter-Master

Yeah, I liked the description as well. I also like the rules, not too OP, but they give you some decent monstrous infantry that you can tailor by adding marks of chaos.

Chaplain

Wow....those Skin Wolves look awesome. I would love to see them in a new Warriors of Chaos book instead of Ogres!

I love the frogs, going buy lots.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Huzzah! My woes about the Varghulf model are solved. I'll be using one of these Werewolf badboys instead!

Chaplain

FW plugged a massive hole in the WH range- Giant werewolves. I love these models. Very different feel to the Rackham Wolfen ranges and the PP Orboros. They would make very nice feral and pureblood warpwolves.

Infact the fluff seems a bit to similar to the Privateer Press Warpwolves to me, Admittedly I dont know them perfectly either way....

But really nice models. proportions seem very much like the Dr Who Werewolf to me on the original torchwood episode with queen vic in it.

Shame its put my expectations for Redmaw way out the window.

I agree the fleshwolves look great, but the frogs...

Well my last tourney made frogs for our SoM scenerio where we had 20 wizards slugging it out... Liked those... and much cheaper than resin....

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast