• 30% defective

10 9.43%
  • 20% defective

17 16.04%
  • 0% defective

43 40.57%
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

I hate to admit it, but 0%.

To be fair though, I've only got 1 Finecast model ('twas a gift) so not necesarily a good indicator...

I've only bought a handful of fine cast stuff, and only had one bubble on the interior of a join under a shoulder pad. A bit of extra CA sorted that out. A buddy of mine has a necron character of some description with a not insignificant bubble in the cape, but it's nothing a bit of cleanup and GS filling won't solve.

Battle-Brother

I got a necron overlord that had swiss cheese holes all through it. GW sent me another and it had all the same holes. I did get Gazghull and he was fine, but overall not impressed with the finecast.

Brother-Sergeant

I went for 0% although I have only picked up a couple of pieces and the only really work I had to deal with is the Firebelly head flame thingy needing to be bent to get everything to fit.

0% for me, had 3 models and I found them easier to clean up than metal models. One of them had one piece with a cluster of bubbles that wouldve easily been fixed with greenstuff but I didn't want to use that piece anyway. I've seen some horrific flaws on other peoples models but been lucky so far.

I'e bought a necron lord and a cryptek. The lord was fine but the cryptek was seriously crap. I called GW and a new cryptek is on the way so I really can't complain.

1 Vemonthrope: Huge grand canyon size gaps where the vent-plate meets the body. Needed way too much green stuff.

2 Zoanthrope: 1 was the way the metal ones are, small gap that didn't bother me. The second had the same problem as the venomthrope.

3 Hiveguard: The tails looked like someone made a home made mold and glued 2 pieces of grey stuff together. since it was o the bottom of the body, it's not like anyone will see it. 1 hiveguard had bubbles on top of his head and carapace crest.

2 Tyrant guard: Hey! no miscasts...one just came with 2 right legs *eyeroll* I got a replacement, so it was ok.

My friends keep getting perfect Dark Eldar and space marine models. It's a conspiracy, I tells ya.

i have yet to see one that is really bad. as long as i dont count the pics on the internet....

Scout

Default I voted 0% because. . .

Like a few others, I compare what I've gotten from finecast with what I used to get with metal.
    I have yet to have to return a finecast product. While there is substantially more flash than with metal, it is so much easier to fix. Also, bending is easily fixed without risking breakling thin pieces.

With metal, missing pieces in a pack was rare, but it did happen. With the finecast sprues I have yet to see this once.

Overall, I'm happy with the change--prepping the models has been faster and easier, and they are much more difficult to break apart/chip when using them.

Is it perfect? No. Is it better than metal? Yes. So I give it 0%.

Battle-Brother

Quote Originally Posted by Soups View Post
    1 Vemonthrope: Huge grand canyon size gaps where the vent-plate meets the body. Needed way too much green stuff.

2 Zoanthrope: 1 was the way the metal ones are, small gap that didn't bother me. The second had the same problem as the venomthrope.

3 Hiveguard: The tails looked like someone made a home made mold and glued 2 pieces of grey stuff together. since it was o the bottom of the body, it's not like anyone will see it. 1 hiveguard had bubbles on top of his head and carapace crest.

2 Tyrant guard: Hey! no miscasts...one just came with 2 right legs *eyeroll* I got a replacement, so it was ok.

My friends keep getting perfect Dark Eldar and space marine models. It's a conspiracy, I tells ya.
    The Metal Venomthrope model had the huge gaps where vent met shell too, I had to do a bit of interpretive filing to get the match right. Since the spore sacs and the slot for the vents are so organic looking, it's hard to tell what's excess and what's detail.

I come out to exactly 25%, one bad Broodlord, and three good models: a Venomthrope, and two Hive Guard. The broodlord was all mucked up where the hips met the legs, I was sent a new one that had two mold bubbles to fill, but I've had metal flash to much worse a number on similar parts. Assembling the new one was an incredible feeling though. It felt almost like things were snapping into place. I buy almost exclusively in-store, which saves a lot of time.
    Last edited by Inquiring M1nd; 03-06-2012 at 06:21 PM. Reason: Typos

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast