10 9.43%
  • 20% defective

17 16.04%
  • 0% defective

43 40.57%
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Veteran-Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by Wildeybeast View Post
    It depends on what you mean by 'perfect'. Plastic models usually come with mould lines that need cleaning up but no one complains about them. I'd say that isn't perfect, so by that logic no model GW produces is perfect, but that doesn't seem to be an issue for most people.
    I guess by perfect I mean whatever you consider 0%, the question being that should we expect to have to only clean, or should we expect there to bubbling on some models and we just have to deal with it either with green stuff or replacing it, and if so what is an acceptable percentage.

For now the sample space is too small to use this as evidence but if we could get a few hundred the importance of the poll in giving a rough idea of how many models people are finding defective increases and if we could get a thousand plus votes it would act as a very good piece of evidence.

Chapter-Master

Clearly having defects and lost detail is not acceptable, but I would argue having to fill a few bubbles is no more unacceptable than having to clear mold lines as it is no more time consuming or difficult.
    Chief Educator of the Horsemen of Derailment "People demand freedom of speech to make up for the freedom of thought, which they avoid." SOREN KIERKEGAARD

For me it's both 100% and 0%, because I have no disposable income and have not purchased any miniatures.

I voted 100%
    I have only purchased 2 finecast models so far. Both of them have had issues.
    1 Imhotek the Stormlord, the cap was bubbled and translucent on one portion. the 2nd cape was fine
    1 Lord with re orb, the staff was badly warped and bent

Scout

I consider myself to be one of the lucky ones when it comes to Finecast, as none of my models have been truly defective. I still voted 20% as I have needed to do some sculpting work in order to fill gaps and bubbles, and sometimes extraneous details were removed accidentally do to shipping.

Overall, I'm still iffy on Finecast as I've seen some pretty horrific miscasts (a Cryptek that looked like he took an acid bath, for one). I guess I still wish they just converted it to all plastic.

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Osiris View Post
    Overall, I'm still iffy on Finecast as I've seen some pretty horrific miscasts (a Cryptek that looked like he took an acid bath, for one). I guess I still wish they just converted it to all plastic.
    Man would I be down with that.

www.queencityguard.com

Veteran-Sergeant

i had to put 100% as i have only purchased one set of finecast so far but its almost enough to steer me away completely!!

i bought the techmarine/ 4 servitor kit and the techmarines shoulderpad was basically a big glossy(literally) concave defect, luckily i had planned on getting rid of his head/shoulderpads in favor of my GK bits but if i had intended a regular techmarine i would have been returning it for sure!! along with the techmarine 2 of the servitors has decent bubble gaps and the techmarines staff was bent beyond salvaging(due to being brittle) although once again i was planning on replacing with GK bits

benefits of finecast, much much easier to assemble and prime, some parts can be more warped and brittle though.

overall i suppose i would still purchase more needed finecast models but i would be wary about starting that eldar army i want, with all those aspects being finecast

I've bought or recieved as xmas gifts the following models.

Ork big mek with kustom force field: Wonderful model, not a single defect.

Dark Eldar haemonculus: One small bubble on the underside of one hand. It doesn't show, so I filled it in with a smidgeon of white glue. (The liquid GS hadn't been announced yet.)

4 Wracks: As far as I can tell, perfect but part of the stuff on one of their backs broke off, but it is to delicate that that may have happened with plastic or metal as well.

Lelith Hesperax: Another flawless model, right up until the day that it fell off of the table and then I stupidly stepped on it, reducing it to rubble. However, I should note that had it been metal, the way that I stepped on it would have had be being rushed to the hospital with a deep tissue laceration.

Veteran-Sergeant

So far I havent had any problems, if any are easily fixed

Scout

Poor Khaldor Draigo, your shield's bubbly, your sword's got a bite in it, your face is ugly (though that isn't the resin's fault) and you look more like swiss cheese than a space marine.
    I don't like the new finecast and I hope that since they did an announcement on how to fix finecast they're gonna address the issues related to it.

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast