BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Rewrite

Veteran-Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by Maelstorm View Post
    I agree.

As an extreme example: Explode a Rhino with 10 passengers using a D-weapon in an APOC game. Everything inside should be vaporized. But with the current rules and basic Space Marine armor 90% of the passengers walk away unscathed? WTF?
    The only time I would ever agree that passengers should not get saves from their vehicle exploding is from Destroyer weapons, because that makes sense.

Veteran-Sergeant

I would rewrite the vehicle squadron rules to make it more friendly for those who field squads of tanks. Instead of a vehicle becoming destroyed when it's immobilized, the immobilized tank would be removed from the unit and is still immobilized, but free to shoot and be repaired in remaining turns.

I don't know if that would make squadrons OP though...
    "Technically correct is the best kind of correct."
    WHFB: Dwarf - TK - Empire - Goblin 40k: SW - IG - Ork

Veteran-Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by bforber View Post
    So many examples of how this would just be awful.

Venerable Dreadnoughts with autocannons- GK ones especially
    Salamanders codex chapter lists 2 melta shots or doubling the number of hits on a flamer? no thank you.
    TL tesla destructors ... ow.
    Hydras
    Hurricane bolters (24 shots in rapid fire range, again, ouch.)

etc.
    I was unaware that my change would have these effects, so thank you for bringing them to my attention. Hmm... perhaps D3 extra shots instead of doubling the number of shots (twin-linked flamers still grant re-rolls to wound and are not otherwise effected)?

Veteran-Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by alshrive View Post
    that twin linking solution unfortunately wouldnt work as it would make the Necron Targetting Array Rule on the Triarch Stalker ridiculous! potentially doubling the entire fire power of an army against a single target!!! while nasty- not exactly fair!

ALShrive
    The Triarch Stalkers' Targeting Array would work the same way as the Tau Empire Targeting Array, granting a +1 Ballistic Skill bonus to the Necron army. =)

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345